Very Hyper New Kitten.. Need Advice!

Harleyquinn820

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, I adopted a new kitten 2 months ago a female orange tabby, Harley. She is now is a little over 4 months old her birthday Aug 20. She has become pretty hyper and active which is fine of course, I keep her in one room while I am not home as she is still pretty small in size and likes to get into just about everything! She eats things off the floor, jumps all over anywhere she can, tries to eat the food on the table, closets, under the bed, any hole she can really- all things I am not accustom to with my last orange tabby female who passed in July. She is in the room until I get home and then let around the house, understandably she is full of energy when let out. I am okay with everything as I know this is totally normal kitten behavior but the last day or so I am getting worried. My house is 3 floors with open holed staircases and high bannisters with open railings. She is fine up and down the stairs and jumping up and down things like the bed, tables, etc now that she has gotten alittle bigger but earlier I noticed her on the opposite side of the railing going to the basement and the fall down from there would be onto tile or wood stairs it is a HIGH fall especially for a kitten. I know cats are made to climb but I am still getting very worried about her new curiosity to the bannister and holes in the stairs. I'm not sure she realizes the fall if she were to slip.. I am thinking what I can do to stop this? I was considering buying a spray deterrent? .. has anyone had experience in this? What helped keep them away any tips or tricks? I am a worried cat mama and am not used to this behavior and hyper activity ! Help :/

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of those daredevil kittens and I understand your concerns. Their activity level can just take your breath away. I would block the openings as best you can but one thing I have seen done is adding a tall cat tree near the staircase of every level so that if she falls over she had a high up place to land.

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had one of those daredevil kittens and I understand your concerns. Their activity level can just take your breath away. I would block the openings as best you can but one thing I have seen done is adding a tall cat tree near the staircase of every level so that if she falls over she had a high up place to land.
great thinking and Idea

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Harleyquinn820

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It certainly takes my breath away! She can run back & forth and in circles and not tire for quite awhile LOL ty so much I am going to try that. And have my dad cardboard the open banisters until shes atleast alittle older :(

CHATTY KATTY HOME

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good luck in whatever you do I'm sure it will work out great, Happy New Year and good luck with your new kitty:wave3: