Very flaky and itchy skin

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
5 months ago I lived in an apt that had bed bugs. Yuck!! Once I found out, had the place fumigated and moved out about 2 months later. The bugs just destroyed my skin and I'm assuming they also bit both of my cats that always slept with me. I took them both to the vet and was told the bites would go away and heal with time. My one cat has very very flaky skin that he doesn't like me to touch at all. As I was looking through his fur I found clumps of scabs and scaly skin. I also found a cluster of bumps that look weird.
I believe that I need to somehow moisturize his skin but I'm hoping that this will go away soon. He let me gently brush his fur today and I actually put olive oil right on some of the dry skin.
Any suggestions or ideas of what I can do? Maybe add stuff to his food? I heard somewhere that cats licking butter is actually good for them but it sounds horrible to me.
Thanks so much
Adriana

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go back to the vets.  Your cat might be allergic to the bites in which case he probably needs some steroids to settle his skin.  And, are you absolutely sure there aren't any fleas around? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adrianna25

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey there
Good suggestion about the allergic reaction. There are no fleas anywhere and they haven't had fleas in a couple of years.

Thx