Very Disgruntled Adult Cat!

KLittle25

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Very confusing situation in my house at the moment. My eldest cat Narla is 3. She had kittens a while ago, one of which we kept who is now 1 (Bella) Narla had another set of kittens after her first litter and during this time Bella was friendly and playful. Narla got spayed back in March and all was fine. She came back and Bella was just as friendly. 3 weeks ago Bella had a set of kittens, and Narla has turned aggressive towards Bella. She’s shown no aggression, won’t go near the kittens but whenever she’s near Bella it’s hissing, growling and swiping. Any reasons why or what can I do?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It most likely is some sort of response to hormones or the kittens themselves. I would keep Narla separated from Bella and the kittens until they are weaned and Bella is spayed. Once hormones level out they may revert to their old habits and patterns. But until then any attempt to mediate the situation will likely be a temporary fix or ineffective.

Please do get Bella spayed and any other cats in your household should be spayed and neutered as well. While kittens are cute and adorable there are too many who need homes in the world. Sadly, millions will die or be killed each year because they can't find a home.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to mention your cat is not happy when she goes into heat. Plus having litter after litter of kittens or teen/kittens having kittens is bad for the health of mom.

Meanwhile take lots of kitten pics :happycat: