Vertigo Kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:sunshine:
This is so marvelous to hear!! Keeping my fingers crossed :crossfingers:
Oh boy is she trying to get around! She’s tried to climb the stairs a few times which she is not coordinated for at all! We brought her in bed with us (blocked our bedroom door off with old suitcases that I use as decor lol cos the other cats will scream at us) nope she doesn’t want to stay put & we tried to shut her in my closet (it’s a room we made into a closet so it’s huge) boy did she carry on so I’m up with her at 4 am now because she wanted to get up to come down to eat & drink on her own I feel like I have a baby but I don’t mind at all I’d rather have lack of sleep & she is on the mend! She wants to go in our upstairs bathroom on her fave furry carpet but it’s so hard to block our upstairs stairs off with the 4 other cats. I feel awful but I don’t want her to hurt herself. I want this head tilt & coordination to come back next! I’ll bring her out in her fave place the yard to get her moving more I think it lifts her spirits

:sunshine:
This is so marvelous to hear!! Keeping my fingers crossed :crossfingers:

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!!! Another update on Lucky she spent all day outside (from 7 am till 4) with a small food/water break she was getting around much better still had a few spills when she tried to turn her head around. She still can’t clean herself poor thing can get a few areas but can’t do her normal grooming activity & she hated the pet wipes I tried to wipe her down with lol!

When she got in today she managed to jump the suitcases we had blocking the stairs off with & made her way up the stairs to that carpet in the bathroom. That’s her normal nightly routine so I think she feels nice to get back to it & to get away from us for a bit lol! I’m just scared of her going down even though she’s been doing great on our front porch steps hubby says she’ll be fine! I’ll keep you updated tomorrow! Fingers crossed she improves more & is fine with the stairs!

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:vibes: go baby go :clap::sunshine:
Well she mastered the stairs still gives me a heart attack but she takes it one step at a time. She isn’t outside enjoying the nice weather now so I’ll be out with her all day till hubby gets back from his doctors appointment. We had a minor scare when UPS guy drove by & her brother zoomed past her so when tried to run up the stairs to the porch but fell back down on her feet though. I brought her more in the side yard she whined at me but I don’t want her to get scared & try that again

LuckyGirl82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bless her little heart!!:cloud9:

Well today is Lucky’s last day of her anti dizziness meds & I’m scared. She still has the head tilt, a little off balance & she can’t jump up high. Poor thing tried to jump up on our bed that’s high & took a fall backward I couldn’t get out of bed fast enough to grab her. I left the drawers at the foot of the bed open so she could come up with us not sure why she did use them. She went outside again today & our neighbor drove up the road with his 4 wheeler & she ran up the front stairs a lot better than yesterday no falling so that’s good! I’m just hoping that she can jump soon & there is no reoccurrence of the vertigo even though multiple websites says it only happens once. Fingers crossed she does well off the meds tomorrow!