Venting!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can understand why you would be anxious to have your thoughts straight on the matter, before being confronted with who knows what expectations on the part of the buyer. But I found those quotes from your contracts very straightforward: there's no doubt in my mind that the contract she signed puts the ball squarely in your court, i.e you are not obliged to refund her a penny. Now, if the circumstances are such that you are interested in some brownie points, you might consider what portion of her payment you might be willing to return -- but only as a PR gesture, not because of any real or perceived entitlement. She is not entitled. And she strikes me as a poor candidate for pet ownership. There's my two cents. Good luck.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by DragonLady
Poor Sandie!
Is that precious little girl, the kitten this lady doesn't want anymore? She's crazy! However, it's probably better for the kitten not to be stuck with that lady any longer than she has to be. Poor little cutie.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. I wouldn't give any of the money back. If you feel any compulsion at all to give any of it back I would make it a partial portion. After all, you have to now care for the kitten again and find another home for it. Plus the contract is very clear!

mjl1297

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Stick to the contract, get the cat back, and bugger the refund!! You are in the right on this one all the way!

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay..

Your contract IS very clear on this issue, and IMO as long as you have a signed one with her signature then you should be covered. Now, on the business end of it, I think that you should take into account the amount of money it's going to cost you to ensure she is in good health, and whatever is left over you should return. While I think you are perfectly within your rights,as per the contract, to not return any monies, it would be a nice thing to do to ensure your good name in the business world of catteries. I should think there would be little left over anyway, and if presented properly to the buyer, you'll have someone who would walk away with a smile, rather than having bad thoughts about your cattery and possibly spreading the word.

Just my thoughts....

dtetrev

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ack anyone who doesn't fall head over heels for that face certainly doesn't deserve such a beauty. You might want to think of it this way, would you really of wanted such a person to keep this little angle. It might have been a blessing in desguise that she brought him back, while agree with the problems its caused it might have saved this baby from a home totally lacking in love.