Vega's First Raw~

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She had muscle meat as treat before but this is considered her first real raw :) She is a bit picky and addicted to Friskies poultry platter. I didn't expect she would eat turkey neck. I could hear her chewing the bone which was the most beautiful music ;) Maybe she found her calling from watching bird video.
At this moment, I can't do raw feeding but will def treat her with some :D

Attachments

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YES! SCORE FOR YOU!
(one of my girls thinks raw things aren't food)
I keep forgetting to keep out the chicken neck and giblets for the boys and end up cooking them for myself because I'm Southern and selfish.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! She's doing better than my senior cat who has eaten raw food for 6 out of his almost 13 years. He doesn't have a clue what to do with boney pieces unless I smash them up into bite-sized bits for him.

Nice job! Looks like she's enjoying it. And watching/listening to a cat eat raw food is somehow strangely satisfying, isn't it?

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And watching/listening to a cat eat raw food is somehow strangely satisfying, isn't it?
This is so true! I LOVE LOVE LOVE listening to Atticus and Thirteen eat the raw food I've made them. Atticus will even make those nom nom nom noises occasionally. This last batch of raw I made has been an especially good crowd pleaser. I made it with goat and my cats love it. Who would have thunk??

Congrats Vega's Dad on making healthy choices for your girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! This is truly encouraging. I'm proud of my girl :)
Speaking of selfish: I cooked the "leftover", aka, anything but what Vega was eating as I didn't think he would eat. It's delicious :p

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When you find yourself cooking and eating the cat food, you know that cat is eating one top-quality diet! :biggrin:
Or, I am ;)
It sounds strange but I'm concerned about her diet more than mine. I have free health care anyway :p

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I was just re-arranging the "pet food" in the three freezers. Dozens of pounds of meat. I mainly eat beans and rice myself. :crackup:

It is nice though that the pets are more than happy to share their food with me. :)