Vectra 3D?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone seen/heard of this newer topical, yet?

My vet finally sold off his stock of Advantage (I missed out on the last part of that sale
) and apparently they're carry this now instead. It's supposed to cover multiple parasites like Advantage Multi and Revolution - though also supposed to repel flies and mosquitoes. Though I'm not sure if the last part is in the cat, too.

I looked it up and there are a lot of complaints about the dog version. Either from some animal reacting poorly to it or more commonly it just not working for ticks (don't really care about that part).

I'll probably go with Frontline or order Advantage rather than even try this stuff, but I'm just curious since I haven't noticed anyone else mention it before.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've heard nothing but "the stuff doesn't work" from several people. Sorry I don't have any elaborations on that....

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard any reviews but I did sit through a 'information session' about it when working (at a vet's office.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't like experimenting with pesticides...

And I jinxed myself with this thread. I was looking the other day because I needed to restock for the outdoor cats soon (I rotate Advantage and Revolution on them) and the day after making the thread I found a flea on Blasa (indoor kitten). Best I can guess, since we've had NO fleas all summer inside, is that Blann brought a few home from the vet last Monday.

bama kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My vet also recently stopped carrying Frontline and Advantage and replaced them with Vectra (not the 3D version though). Both my kitties had a big flea issue earlier this summer and prior to moving to the new house, I wanted all fleas gone! I would comb them and get around 20 fleas with each brush. It was awful!! I literally put the Vectra on them both at lunch time and by around 5pm there wasn't a single flea on the comb! It was amazing! I gave them two months worth and kept the third dose in case of emergency. That's been three months ago and I haven't seen a single flea since!