Vaccinations for indoor cat/leash training

Jessiep25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

My 1 year old cat Sky is going in for her annual booster jab tomorrow.

Since I initially had no intentions of letting her outside her first jabs (initial shots and booster 4 weeks later) were for FHV, FCV and FPV.

I now am considering the idea of training her with a harness and leash for short trips outside/hikes (if she likes it 😂) is it necessary to also have her vaccinated for anything else? The likelyhood of her coming into direct contact with other cats is very slim but obviously I would like to protect her as much as possible!

Thanks in advance for the help!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The basic vaccinations are plenty. Rabies might be another one depending on what Germany's laws on that are. Starting a monthly parasite preventative would be a good idea.

You can try a pet stroller as well. Some cats freak out over a leah and harness but may be acceptable of a pet stroller.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I had three who accepted the leash and harness. However, it was for use in my back yard area only when I was with them. How safe your cat will be probably depends on what you mean by a hike. If you are talking about large city parks or actual trails, it can become much less safe, even on a leash.