Vacation

Lisa152

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
how do you all handle vacations? We will be gone for a week and will have two 4 month old kittens. Currently they eat Primal nuggets 4-5 times per day. That's an awful lot to ask a neighbor. Does anyone have any suggestions for timed feeder or somehow I can stretch it so I don't have to burn out my neighbor?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feed And Go

We use two of them. We load them every night with the morning *6am* meal, then load it at 9am for the next 4 meals. You can put frozen out and it will thaw within the next few hours, stay chilled for a bit before coming to room temperature. We haven't put more than 12 hours worth in at a time because food safety. The unit is sealed pretty well but not refrigerated.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also have two Feed and Go's! They were so expensive but I truly love them.

I have to keep my two cats separated (one in the kitchen/living room and the other in the bedroom/bathroom) because once they open, Malibu will hoover his food and run over to Kali's feeder and eat all of her food too. So when I go on vacation, they are separated with their own feeders, litterboxes and toys.

I have a cat sitter come only in the mornings to feed them raw breakfast and put their frozen, raw dinner in the Feed and Go. Like lalagimp said above me, it takes a few hours to thaw but when it is dinner time, the food is ready to be eaten.

The camera is garbage so don't buy it for that feature. I've seen better resolution on a Gigapet screen. But the feeder is truly impenetrable, which is what I was looking for since they have broken into every other feeder.

Even though it was $280 for two feeders :eek3: it saves $20 dollars a day (when I'm on vacation) because I now only have to schedule 1 visit instead of 2. Each visit is $20 so when I was going out of town, I used to pay $40 per day for the sitter. Basically, after I took 14 days of vacation the feeders paid for themselves and now I'm saving.

I don't use them other than when I'm on vacation so they're stored most of the time.