Vacation plans?

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
So with the summer coming closer for a lot of people, what are your vacation plans? And where will your pets stay?
My girlfriend and I are going to buy a car next month so we can go somewhere with the car. We were thinking somewhere around Dinant Belgium because they have many cool old castles and even though I used to always visit those with my parents I know my girlfriend never got to, and she really wants to.
As for Miso I think she'll go to my brother if she does alright with their cat. Otherwise we'll have to go a few weeks later so she can go to my parents place.
Curious what your guys' plans are!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't taken a true vacation for 30 years. The most we can go is overnight, because of the cats. They have leukemia and take meds and no one would be able to give those since they disappear from sight from people coming over. I can't let them go more than one day..... We are also extremely busy in the summer. Me with my extensiev garden and flower beds, my husband with his projects adn mowing out acerage. We also both agree we don't want to spend thousands of dollars on trips and then it is over. When we need to, we usually go to Salina and see the town. So many restaurants, and things to see, so little time! There are MANY things to see and do in your own area.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We're taking a week long trip in a couple weeks to FL, my friend is going on a cruise and headed down a few days early, said we should come with. Kind of short notice but it's always nice to get away, we rented a house with a pool for all of us and I've got a beach front hotel for a couple days after they head out. Mostly just planning to relax and enjoy the sun. Petsitter will come by and stay the nights, we've got a zoo so it's a lot to leave but it always works out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
We haven't taken a true vacation for 30 years. The most we can go is overnight, because of the cats. They have leukemia and take meds and no one would be able to give those since they disappear from sight from people coming over. I can't let them go more than one day..... We are also extremely busy in the summer. Me with my extensiev garden and flower beds, my husband with his projects adn mowing out acerage. We also both agree we don't want to spend thousands of dollars on trips and then it is over. When we need to, we usually go to Salina and see the town. So many restaurants, and things to see, so little time! There are MANY things to see and do in your own area.
Ah yeah animals with extra care will ask a lot of time of course. It's nice that you make the time to do fun things in your area together though! I know a lot of people who wouldn't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're taking a week long trip in a couple weeks to FL, my friend is going on a cruise and headed down a few days early, said we should come with. Kind of short notice but it's always nice to get away, we rented a house with a pool for all of us and I've got a beach front hotel for a couple days after they head out. Mostly just planning to relax and enjoy the sun. Petsitter will come by and stay the nights, we've got a zoo so it's a lot to leave but it always works out.
That sounds like a lot of fun! And it's kind of a vacation for the pet sitter too if they can stay the nights. Win win

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have my niece's wedding in PA so will spend a few days there visiting with her mom, (my sister). And hopefully planning a trip to the UK to see one of our daughters who is studying there.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just came back from a four day trip to New Orleans. Willow and Lola stayed home with one visit from my sister and me watching from several video cams,. Neither will come out for strangers so she mostly made sure there was fresh water. We had a great time, did tons of walking and sightseeing and had near perfect mid 70 degree temps.

My son and I are now talking about a late fall trip to Las Vegas.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mostly “vacation” is going to see family for us. We might get to take a couple nights back where we had our honeymoon because our nieces wedding is fairly close. We have a friend who takes good care of Mooch when we need to go away. She takes her meds from him well.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to go up to MN to visit a friend for a long weekend at the end of June. My parents will watch Friday and my dog.

I am hoping to get a promotion (and a raise) at work soon, fingers crossed, and if I do I'd like to go out to Wyoming for a week or two. I'll either have my parents watch Friday or have people drop in, and my dog will come with.

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Went for a week cruise not too long ago. Was gorgeous. Have camping plans in May, July and August. The cat for the cruise stayed with good friends who have owned cats in the past. Hobbes loved them. Hoping that he can go to them, and if not, will ask around with some other folks.