Uti Recovery For My Cat

Matfel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 4 year old female cat. 5 days ago she peed on our sofa. We have never had a problem before. I noticed it was reddish in colour. I took her to the vet and after a urinalysis she was diagnosed with a bladder infection. The vet said it was quite bad. He gave her a shot of Convenia Injectable 80mg/ml. He said this would last inher system for 14 days. We also found some pee on our sofa downstairs before going to the vet. Brought her home and now 4 days after her visit to the vet she peed just a little on the sofa i was sitting right there at the other end. She is also peeing in her litter boxes we have 3 which I clean constantly I cleaned the sofas to try to get the smell out. When she peed on the sofa the secon time it was not where she did it before. Is it possible she is still having trouble with the infection after having the shot 5 days ago, her personality seems the same and she has never shown signs of pain when she is going. I read that foil on the furniture will keep them off of it. Well she climbs up and plays with it and my dog eats the foil. I am stressing that she is over the UTI and now it is a behaviour issue. But it hasn't happened often

mewcatmew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You may want to call the vet and check on this. A urine sample/culture could provide you with the exact bacteria you are dealing with and maybe a different antibiotic would be in order if she is not improving. Is there still blood in the urine? Is she getting any better?

Look for signs of an emergency such as not urinating or really straining to urinate/howling in pain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Matfel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No she has never seemed to strain to pee or howl in pain she. Just pees little at a time. I dont see blood in the urine.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats are very, very good at hiding pain. Like humans, different cats can metabolize meds at different rates, so it's possible that the Convenia injection may not be good for the full two weeks. If he said that the infection was bad, it's also possible it will just take longer to treat/heal. I wouldn't assume that the behavior will last.

I agree with M mewcatmew ...call the vet and check. Poor kitty :( I hope she feels better and stops urinating on your couch soon!