Uti & Behaviroal Issues

Scedwards13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello,

I took my 1 yo cat to the vet because he was peeing on my bed. Had a UTI, and has been on the meds since Saturday. Vet said could possibly be behavioral too. She said she could give him antipsychotic meds! Which I said no! We’ll be just peed on my bed while I was sleeping. Any ideas on how to stop the peeing?

Yodasmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is he still peeing on the bed, or did the medication fix it?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say he will need a vet visit to make sure the antibiotics did clear up the infection. Im not sure how long that takes?

I have read that sometimes cats will become afraid of the litter box, after they have a UTI. That sometimes a different box, different litter, dust free and fragrance free, and maybe even a different location for the box will help.

Stress will cause problems for cats. anti anxiety meds, SSRIs, are often prescribed for cats that stress a lot, which can cause urinary problems. It might not hurt to try them, at least for a while and see how it works? I would talk to my vet a bit more about it.

Good luck, do keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scedwards13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was on dry, but the vet put him on wet Royal Canin prescribed to him

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
If there is any residual smell of urine for your cat to pick up it can be confusing and they are likely to continue to use the same spot even if they feel better.Have all the bed covers and the mattress being washed / soaked with an enzyme cleaner?