Using freeze dried meat as a topper.

Meekie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maple is picky with her food. As time goes on, I'm learning things about how to get her to eat more wet food, such as adding toppers to flavors and brands she's otherwise unlikely to eat.

I have two whole cases of Soulistic Good Karma (chicken in broth) that she's no longer interested in. I don't want it to go to waste, so today I decided to try adding some of her Bravo treats to it. It's a great way to use up the tiny pieces and powder that are otherwise difficult to feed as treats or use in her puzzle feeder.

It worked! She's eaten most of it already!

The Bravo treats are just freeze dried chicken, no other ingredients. I used about a teaspoon, maybe a pinch more, so if she finishes the food, it's still within the 10% rule regarding feeding treats.

I figure I'll add it to her food maybe three or four times a week, maybe cut back a little on using it as treats alone. Since it's just chicken, and it's not displacing her more nutritious cat food intake, I was wondering if this sounds okay to keep on doing.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats eat wet only but one insists on having toppers only mornings. Go figure. It's now become a habit of hers. She will not eat without it.