Urine Issue

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hello,
I have a cat who all of a sudden has stated to urinate all over the house.
nothing has changed, other then my mom is in town right now.
I took him to vet, vet says all OK, cat does not have any urinary issues and that it might be behaviour.
I spend over three house today scrubbing our rug and I still feel I smell the urine on it.
I'm frustrated. Truly frustrated.
It's sinks and I worry he or the other cats will keep urinating on it.
It's nice run, we have waited our entire married like to buy one like this and now it stinks like cat urine :(
I have been putting the cat in the bathroom trying to re-train. But it's not working.
I have bought kitten litter, with kitten attract again. and also gave him a choice between clay and / wheat. I do wan up to him going in his box but whenI try to take him, he just looks at me and walks away. I put him in bathroom to to and came back several times over an hour and he would not go.
I'm at a loss here and I don't want to give up on him but I don't know what to do. I don't have all this time to keep up with this.
I don't trust him around the house and I can't keep him living in our bathroom :(
I did use natures miracle on all the stains but again I still feel they smell bad.
I have NEVER had this issue with natures miracle.
Please I need advise before my husband decides enough is enough.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When it comes to Nature’s Miracle, you really need to soak the urine spots in it, so if it still smells give those spots another more generous dose. You also might want to use a black light to look for other spots on the rug and elsewhere that you might be missing.