Urine in a Leather Sofa?

janesy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gosh I've been having lots of problems lately with Nikki.. 
 Hope I don't come across badly, just need some help!

Anyway, so a few days ago I saw my cat pee on the leather couch when I thought he was actually just sitting watching TV with me (stress related, no health issues, he stays in his litter box now).

So I rushed to Petco two days later when I smelled it and bought myself Nature's Miracle.

I doused and scrubbed and scrubbed for days now and the smell is still there! 

I even tried what the lady at Petco recommended, using some part vinegar solution, but that didn't work either.

I'm afraid the urine already seeped through the leather and into the cushion inside.

The problem is that 1. it's a VERY expensive couch, 2. I found out that he peed on both couches 3. nothing is removable in the couches!

Gosh, I really don't want to have to toss the sofa... it's so nice and was really expensive 

I don't want to find an reupholster because I hear they often charge more than the sofa itself.

I've contacted local cleaning companies and they said they can't either...

Should I just give up?

Any good ideas as to how to cover up the scent and not make guests want to puke when they sit and have coffee with me?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You might want to see if you can find some Ozium. It is actually a disinfectant/odor destroyer, but is used by stoners all over America to cover up the smell of weed smoke in a car. I don't know if it will cover up the smell of male cat urine. Another suggestion is using some freshly broken cedar branches tucked behind the cushions.

I think you are right about it soaking into the foam inside the sofa. If so, you will probably never get it out completely. Sorry I couldn't come up with a sure solution.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh I've been having lots of problems lately with Nikki.. 
 Hope I don't come across badly, just need some help!
You are not coming across badly. We all need help sometimes. Unfortunately I am not sure if anything will work on leather :( I really feel your pain- when I first got my kitties, they destroyed the back of my couch with clawing before I'd fully trained them.  The couch was only $300 but I didn't have the money to replace it at the time and I was actually worried about their safety since they managed to yank some of the nails holding its cheap seams together out.  None of this is helpful to you but I really do understand.  

I might keep trying cleaning services in your area and see if anyone might be a taker.  I'd also get a quote for the reupholstering :( I am really sorry you are going through this.