Urinary Incontinence

zagne11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I really need your help! My Persian cat, Kasper, one year old, had calcium oxalate crystals last Sept 30 and was confined for 10 days. He was catheterized twice during those period and was discharged last Oct 10.

He had nefrotec ds (a diuretic and anti-crystal formation drug), and potassium citrate as home meds. He was coping and began to exhibit normal behavior after one week with little accidents outside the box.

Yesterday, he began to soak on his own urine after sleeping. Then today, I can visibly see that he is dripping urine and he just keeps on leaking his penis. When I carried him, he unconsciously had leakage again on my arm. He can still sit and urinate on his own so I was wondering on what's going on.

I tool him to the vet, cbc and urinalysis are both normal and good. I was even surprised that his urine is crystal-free! So that means, everything should be okay except for the dripping of his urine. My vet is thinking of nerve injury or muscle weakness of the urethra but she's not sure. He was taken home today with vitamin b complex as meds.

I insisted on putting the diuretics on hold and the vet agreed. I am suspecting it as a factor for Kasper's dripping of urine..

Now, since his labs are normal and the vet's diagnosis are inconclusive, I just want to ask if any of you has the same experience with mine. I'm really freaking out and crying all day because I can't figure out what did I do wrong? I have given all of my time and effort and yet, my Kasper isn't still okay. Help me!

@red top rescue @mrsgreenjeens

Im hoping for your kind response, thank you!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since you have two threads with the same question, I'm going to go to the other one and link it here, since there is more background information on this one! Hang in there!

There now...the two threads are linked, which I hope will get you a better chance at some meaningful information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zagne11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since you have two threads with the same question, I'm going to go to the other one and link it here, since there is more background information on this one! Hang in there!

There now...the two threads are linked, which I hope will get you a better chance at some meaningful information.

Thank you so much! I'm new to the site so I'm still navigating everything out.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It takes a bit. You will get there! If you have any issues finding thing, etc, PM me, I will either know how to do it, or whom to ask!

OH...to PM, click on my name under my avatar photo. A small window will open, then click on "Start a Conversation."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zagne11

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!