Urgent!!!

oscar is everything123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i don't know how this works but i hope people will be able to see this and respond
my cat is unable to pee and i'm desperate. i live in a third world country so there aren't any vets open on the new years, no one drives in our family and we don't have a car so i can't go look for one and all the vets that i tried to contact on the cell phone don't answer
if you can pls pls pls pls tell me what i can do to make him feel better
pls pls he is suffering so much and i'm so scared for him
i just want to buy him some time and make him feel better, suffer less until i find a freaking disponible vet, he is so weak and in so much pain he didn't even want to eat!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He probably needs antibiotics from the vet. If it were me, I would stop all dry food and feed only canned food for a few days for the moisture. Can he pee at all?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscar is everything123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
not a single drop. and he isn't eating anything either
i gave him water but that's it

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man. That's really dangerous when it gets to that point. I hope you can find an emergency vet that's open. I think he really needs antibiotics from the vet. I would keep trying to get some canned food into him. Another way to get liquid into him is mix a little water with tuna juice and see if he'll drink that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscar is everything123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i had a syringe i took the needle off of it and gave him water with it
he seems to be a little better but he keeps making weird noises as if he is going to vomit yet he doesn't
he seems a little more energetic so i'm a little relieved but still think he needs to go to the vet
thank you for replying hopefully i will find a vet in the morning.

mosimom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If he cannot pee then his life is in danger. He is blocked and requires a catheter. He could be dead within 24 hrs if he doesn’t get to a vet.
I have read that you can possible give him Apple cider vinegar WITH THE MOTHER. It is NOT plain Apple cider vinegar. IT HAS TO HAVE THE MOTHER on the label. Dilute 1/2 tsp in 1/4 cup of water and syring to side of mouth very carefully. This is a possible TEMPORARY solution to get your cat unblocked. It may not work. FIND A VET.

KatC

Peaches
Kitten
Purraise
i don't know how this works but i hope people will be able to see this and respond
my cat is unable to pee and i'm desperate. i live in a third world country so there aren't any vets open on the new years, no one drives in our family and we don't have a car so i can't go look for one and all the vets that i tried to contact on the cell phone don't answer
if you can pls pls pls pls tell me what i can do to make him feel better
pls pls he is suffering so much and i'm so scared for him
i just want to buy him some time and make him feel better, suffer less until i find a freaking disponible vet, he is so weak and in so much pain he didn't even want to eat!
Hi, how is your kitty, did he survive? My boy kitty went through the same thing, he hung on for a while but we had to put him down, I didn't want him to suffer.