Urgent! Sick Kittens!

Lovekittens_leticia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need your help please....
I have 3 kittens with 3 to 4 weeks Old... They are really sick and I don't know what to do... When already died... I put them In something warm because they were trembling... Their mother isn't giving them any food and I can't afford a vet...

What do I do it seems they are really suffering...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
L Lovekittens_leticia

You need to feed them! You'll need kitten formula and a syringe. Or you can use sugar or honey water to get started. They will die without food. I can also give you a homeade formula recipe to use.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lovekittens_leticia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
L Lovekittens_leticia

You need to feed them! You'll need kitten formula and a syringe. Or you can use sugar or honey water to get started. They will die without food. I can also give you a homeade formula recipe to use.
Yes please!
I gave them something, but i don't think they laked it.
If you know the formula, because 2 more weeks and i think they can eat normal food or even drink water

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What did you give them and how did you give it?

And what is the mom doing?

I will write the recipe now. Can you post a picture of the kittens?

Lovekittens_leticia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What did you give them and how did you give it?

And what is the mom doing?

I will write the recipe now. Can you post a picture of the kittens?

I mixed cow's milk with two yolk eggs and a teaspoon of vegetable oil... But i read it's a provisory thing...
I gave them with a sering, one of the babys ate well the other two were kinda liking it
The mother doesn't recogonize them. Actualy they had two moms, one that regected them and the other one fed them for only one and a half week and then she started to make a mean sound to them

Lovekittens_leticia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20171020_132132.jpg

They are sleeping in a warm water bottle those ones you use to warm your feet

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay. Use evaporated milk instead of cow's milk. Add one tablespoon of mayonnaise, one tablespoon of water, one egg yolk, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of sugar. Mix.

Feed every couple of hours for now, until they are eating better. Let them have as much as they want, but they must eat.

If they have teeth, you can try Gerber turkey baby food. Put it on your finger and see if they will lap it off. If so, guide them to a plate.

Let us know how this is going!

Lovekittens_leticia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everyone!!!
The three kittens are doing perfectly fine, i fed them a lot of that mix i did and they are "nothing happened to me"
In the other hand... i had inicially 4 kittens... but one was so wick i thought he was dead, so i put him aside... that was 8 hours ago.... he is still alive omg.... i'm so gratefull i lokked at him and he was still fighting....
He is really really weak... i fed him a little bit... and he is getting warm... i'm fiding him in every ten minutes because i don't want to sofucate him... but omg he is still alive.... he's fighting

Lovekittens_leticia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay. Use evaporated milk instead of cow's milk. Add one tablespoon of mayonnaise, one tablespoon of water, one egg yolk, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of sugar. Mix.

Feed every couple of hours for now, until they are eating better. Let them have as much as they want, but they must eat.

If they have teeth, you can try Gerber turkey baby food. Put it on your finger and see if they will lap it off. If so, guide them to a plate.

Let us know how this is going!
Evaporated milk plus that mix you gave me ? Or just the mix ?

Lovekittens_leticia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the kitten... he's sleeping now because he's getting warm
IMG_20171020_174102.jpg
IMG_20171020_174151.jpg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use evaporated milk instead of cow's milk, then add the other ingredients that I listed to the evaporated milk.

I'm glad to hear that number 4 is still alive. Feed him small amounts every 1-2 hours, and keep him warm at all times.

Put him with his littermates. Their body heat plus the hot water bottles will keep him warm. Make sure the hot water bottles are wrapped in blankets.

Lovekittens_leticia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Use evaporated milk instead of cow's milk, then add the other ingredients that I listed to the evaporated milk.

I'm glad to hear that number 4 is still alive. Feed him small amounts every 1-2 hours, and keep him warm at all times.

Put him with his littermates. Their body heat plus the hot water bottles will keep him warm. Make sure the hot water bottles are wrapped in blankets.

Me too
Okay thanks
I'll keep everyone updated

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do give them Gerber baby food, make sure it's the meat only with NO onion or garlic.
Keep us posted, they are adorable.
You are in good hands with Sarthur2 and Stefanz.

Lovekittens_leticia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you do give them Gerber baby food, make sure it's the meat only with NO onion or garlic.
Keep us posted, they are adorable.
You are in good hands with Sarthur2 and Stefanz.
Don't know if i can find that in my country, but i try to find something similar.
Thanks everyone... All thanks to you the last kitty just standed up and meow realy loud, he's still not eating, but i think he has some problems with the intestines because e was popping a lot... And in the state he was it's a miracle he's still alive