Urgent!! Rescue/Foster help needed for two American Curls in Santa Clara, CA

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If anyone knows of a no-kill rescue group that can take in or place in foster care, two Curls past their time at the Humane Society of Silicon Valley, please pm me asap. On Monday I spoke with my contact at this shelter, these 2 8 y.o. spays are past the usual time to be put down, one is healthy and well, the other may not be (not eating well). I've been unable to locate the breeder (they were owner surrendered, both purchased from same breeder years ago) to ask them to take them back and re-home them, and so far, no Curl person I know can take them in. Not only am I in another state, I can not even temporarily take them in either.

The shelter contact said that both have had their combo test done (negative) neither had signs of upper resp., it's just the lack of appetite issue with the one. The shelter will show them, but not adopt them out...they will release them to a rescue group or rescue group arranged adoption w/vet visit.

I am in the process of contacting the only groups I could find in or near Santa Clara on the web - CARE, in Campbell, CA and Safe Haven Animal Sanctuary in Cupertino, plus I am going to try a San Jose group, and a Berkley group. Any other suggestions? Is anyone on this board experience and set up to help remove these two from the shelter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by DragonLady
Good luck vibes from California! I hope you can find a "foster".
Thanks, unfortunately I've been unsucessful so far, and really ratcheted up my attempts tonight to find a group in the Santa Clara, San Jose area who can help. The cats will be put down later this week if I can not find a group or foster to take them out of this shelter.

One "maybe" will be back in touch with me tomorrow...please, say a prayer.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Tybalt
My mother in San Bernardino might be able to take them, but they would need to be taken to her there. If that's possible, I can check.
Hi,
I'm not in this state but the main complication is they have to be taken by a rescue group who can arrange vet exam and foster them, as I understood it the shelter is not going to adopt them out using their usual contract. It's a bit complicated, but I so thank you for offering. I've gotten one good response from a rescue group that may be able to go in, cross your fingers! I will keep this thread updated.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update. There is a wonderful persian/himalayan rescue person who came forward and agreed to foster these two Curls. The shelter is holding them until they can be picked up this weekend, I will be happiest when I know they've been picked up

but am so very relieved. If we get pictures of them to try and help get them placed, we'll post them at:
Americancurlrescue.com

Just wanted to let all of you know!