Urgent-Please HELP if you can

smlyday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, In urgent need of anyone in the Northern Florida area (rescues or Shelters) that could take in cats. Cat Rescue may be shut down due to poor conditions. Please contact me ASAP if you know of anyone and how many they could take.

Thanks,
Susan

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you contact Caboodle Ranch?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smlyday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No- Caboodle Ranch is not an option.

newt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Susan

Are you still looking for leads? I found:

KitnHevn Rescue, Inc.
Breed: All Purebred Cat Breeds, No Dogs
130 N Nova Rd
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
Email: [email protected]

This site lists rescue groups in Florida. You would know better then I would which are in the north.
http://www.netpets.org/cats/catresc/groups/florida.html

Save Our Cats and Kittens
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
http://www.saveourcatsandkittens.com/Home.html

I realize this comes a little late, but I hope it helps.
Newt

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe hardly anything I read on that anti-caboodle ranch website. The people, especially those nutters carolyn and pamela, are pretty insane and it all looks like a set up. Did you read the thousands of comments at the bottom? Those activists would post 20 times within an hour, all to rant and rave at other people's comments. That doesn't sound like a group that cares at all about animals, just themselves.

EDIT: ok, so i finished reading the comments (it takes a while to get through that much negativity and personal bashing) and noticed there's a second article poste yesterday about how caboodle ranch was fine when two activists went to check it out. apparentlythe website is fine, they just have a few people who have restraining orders against them (from the owner of caboodle no less) posting there.

newt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rad, it is very confusing. Since I can't see it with my own eyes, it does give me pause. I only know what I read from the rescue community and therefore I posted it since Smlyday mentioned that they were not an option. I would love to know for certain how much is hype and how much is true. The sad part is the pictures, but again, who knows where they came from.

From what I read on the Animal Rights Discussion Forums there has been quite an effort to clean up the problems there, but the problems did exist. Not sure where the situation is at this point, but its supposed to be better. Thank goodness for that. It still sounds to me they can be easily overwhelmed. I would pause on a placement there at this point, but that's my opinion.

Newt

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I for one am not buying this negative crud about Caboodle. I know someone personally who helped this place when it was first being built- financially and I know she would never put even one dollar into a place that isn't on the up-and -up. I sent her the link and she hadn't seen it. She is trying to find out the truth. I will post when I hear back from her.

newt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Very interesting. I still don't see how wandering around outside and seeing 20 cats roaming the grounds and not entering the buildings results in everything being ok. It still sounds to me that place needs a lot of help and work before any more cats are placed there. Maybe I need to read it again but I'm not going to. I think I'll give them more time to get it together.

Thanks for the update.

Newt

kastlekats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Caboodle Ranch is in good standing with all the proper authorities. We just had our review with Animal Control and we will be posting their official state report on our website as soon as we recieve it. The NIO, although trying to get into the ranch while it was closed, did a positive review of the facility and we appreciate that. The other offenders that have caused us undo grief have been dealt with legally, which is the correct way to handle their crude, unlawful and out right viscious slander, libel and defamation. This has been a learning experience to say the least, very hurtful and time consuming. After being with Caboodle Ranch for 4 years now, I know the ranch is and will always be about the cats and their safety , health and happiness. Craig works tirelessly for those cats, 24/7, for 8 years now. Has put his blood sweat and tears into the running of the ranch and saving lives, giving homeless cats another chance. There isnt anyone I have met yet that could ever walk a mile in his shoes. Our amazing supporters have gotten us through this difficult time, and we will continue to grow, expand and upgrade the ranch so that we can help more cats at every opportunity. Many blessings and Purrs...

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for that. I hope that in the future, the concentration and focus can go to animal rescue organizations that don't have the cats best interest at heart and simply are in it for other reasons. Being privy to early photos of the place when it was being built. I found it hard to accept anything that the original article stated. No, I am not there, but I was allowed to see the early development and that meant the world for me.

Does Craig need help? ANYONE who rescues strays (be they cats or dogs) needs help. NO ONE appears to want to spay and neuter their animals which is sad, because it is such an EASY FIX! Hopefully, the newly formed CATalyst Council will achieve their goal and elevate the cat's status in the next year and bring awareness to these special critters who need to be neutered in order to bring down the numbers. If you know anyone who rescues, please step out of your comfort zone, give them a call and ask if you can help them in some way. Be it a donation of a blanket, a bag of food, $5.00, cat litter- just something to take the edge off. Offer to scoop litter pans, feeds cats, walk dogs- socialize kittens. Whatever it takes- give 24 hours of help and perhaps you will understand why neutering is so important. It baffles me why so many don't neuter.

newt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kastlekats, so nice to hear from someone who volunteers there. Thank you so much for the update. I wish the best for all there.

Newt