Urgent.....!!!!!!! I Have A Concern, Can Anyone Help Me.?

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got my female cat spayed 3days ago she had condition called open pyometra it wasn't severe I took her to the vet as soon as i saw a discharge coming from her vaginal area. Its the 4thday and Ive noticed this bruising clot like spot round her stiches. I did have her checked by my vet he said it's normal it will fade as the wound heals. She's healthy eating and drinking fine. She has passed urine and stool. She's walking fine no signs of distress or vocal noises when her wound is cleaned. I'm just looking for a second opinion if someone can tell me if it's okay.? My vet said its nothing to worry about and told me to clean the area regulary with alcohol pads and apply Mycitracin on it twice a day. Should I still be concerned.?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the image of her stiches I just clicked it.

Attachments

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not an expert, but it's fresh, so the bruises seem normal.
If any other further discharge or bleeding then it's the time to bring her back to the vet immediately. For now, as your vet said, looks normal.

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your reply. Just reading your response on this makes me feel at ease I was really concerned about this. God Bless.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, looks like bruising to me. Caused by trauma and cut vessels in the area. When it's YOUR cat everything seems not normal! I can't believe he told you to clean with alcohol pads, alcohol on an open wound would sting! I would call and see if you can clean it with cotton pads and a wound cleaner made specifically for cats. You can find it at any farm supply store like tractor supply or Orschelns, or any pet store. But check with your vet first, he may have a reason.
She may develop a lump under the skin too, that is swelling from inside, she has dissolving stitches there too. It scared me the first time I saw it. Any kind of discharge from the wound that is not clear (may be a bit of blood mixed in) is NOT normal, as is extreme redness and heat coming from the wound. The area may feel warmer than the surrounding area because it is shaved and not insulated with fur. Looks good so far!

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, there's no discharge of any kind so far the wound is healing nicely the stitches are fine and there are scabs forming on the wound which I know is the first step in the healing process. Thank you for the reply it helped alot in understanding the situation in hand.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to tell you that I am so glad you adopted this baby..

You are so full of love and concern for her. I applaud you..

You caught the Pyometria very early! That is awesome for her health.. many times it is not caught early, resulting in pain and suffering in the kitty..

I think the incision looks good. As others have said, the brushing is just that.. bruising.. probably from the instruments they used to do the surgery with.. probably hit a blood vessel, causing the bruise.

Just keep an eye on it..

I would not use alcohol on the wound. It would sting like all heck!! Think of yourself.. if you put alcohol on an open cut--Yikes!!

Perhaps, just slightly dampening a cotton ball with warm water to wipe it down and then drying with a cosmetic pad???

Just keep a watch on the area for any additional redness, swelling and discharge...

You are doing Great!!
Congratulations on your new little girl!!!

fenris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. Your reply made me so happy.I deeply appreciate your concern towards my cat and for such helpful suggestions.

I was a little conflicted on the alcohol using part to but when I used it on her I gradually moved the pad towards the wound instead of going straight at it and she seemed to be okay with it no shrieking or thrashing and the alcohol pads themselves are not so drenched in alcohol its just as if one is using a wipe but a little less wet. She actually purrs when I start cleaning it and closes her eyes and lets me do my thing.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my female cat spayed 3days ago she had condition called open pyometra it wasn't severe I took her to the vet as soon as i saw a discharge coming from her vaginal area. Its the 4thday and Ive noticed this bruising clot like spot round her stiches. I did have her checked by my vet he said it's normal it will fade as the wound heals. She's healthy eating and drinking fine. She has passed urine and stool. She's walking fine no signs of distress or vocal noises when her wound is cleaned. I'm just looking for a second opinion if someone can tell me if it's okay.? My vet said its nothing to worry about and told me to clean the area regulary with alcohol pads and apply Mycitracin on it twice a day. Should I still be concerned.?
If you are able, it might be a good idea to take photos each day of the area for the next week or week-and-a-half of the area, just in case anything comes up for the vet to see. Then if you email the photos if you become worried, the vet will be able to see the progression of the healing (or vice versa, if it is not improving). That bruising looks a bit much to me, and seems to extend a bit outward, to the unshaved area under her hair. I'd just keep a good eye on it, esp. over the next 7 days!
:hugs: :grouphug2: