Urgent Friday may 19 2023

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Prayers were answered
lily drank water this morning first drop in three days
and had no food of any kind for three days after the adverse reaction to her first and only
Long duration 9o day Steroid shot. She did not need the shot there was no illness upon exam I just trusted this vet doctor and had used him for thirty years and never had a negative comment or action from him

I even sent him a thank you card after we euthanized our one year old house cat feb28
And sent holiday cards etc through the years and candy to the staff and be a few times

We think lily will live but there are 87 more days till that steroid is out of her ll pound body

she had cranial nerve damage from the steroid

the second vet said so and her eye was affected

but thanks 🙏 to God in the name of
Jesus Christ his son !

For all on this site who prayed and for his touch of healing on lily !

Sheri and lilyView attachment 450331
Thank you 🙏 that is me as a toddler in the picture of lily with the live pink roses
Sheri

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi Sheri,

You can add some water to the vet food as well and make it "soupy" which might help her to eat and drink.

Steroids can make a cat very sleepy.

Most cats don't need their ears cleaned out by humans, but if she needs a little help you can use a cotton ball with just some regular water. Squeeze the water out so the cotton ball is just a little damp. There's no need for alcohol or fancy cleaners.

She usually eats dry food? If she's good at crunching her dry food, it will help keep her teeth clean.

You can also use a q-tip to clean her teeth by rubbing it over her teeth, or a baby toothbrush. Just with some plain water, or with some enzymatic cat toothpaste if you like. Virbac is a good brand. They have many flavours. My cats like the malt flavour: C.E.T.® Enzymatic Toothpaste

I hope you can continue to see the vet you saw second in the future 💕 Some vets aren't a good fit sometimes.

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Sheri,

You can add some water to the vet food as well and make it "soupy" which might help her to eat and drink.

Steroids can make a cat very sleepy.

Most cats don't need their ears cleaned out by humans, but if she needs a little help you can use a cotton ball with just some regular water. Squeeze the water out so the cotton ball is just a little damp. There's no need for alcohol or fancy cleaners.

She usually eats dry food? If she's good at crunching her dry food, it will help keep her teeth clean.
You can also use a q-tip to clean her teeth by rubbing it over her teeth, or a baby toothbrush. Just with some plain water, or with some enzymatic cat toothpaste if you like. Virbac is a good brand. They have many flavours. My cats like the malt flavour: C.E.T.® Enzymatic Toothpaste

I hope you can continue to see the vet you saw second in the future 💕 Some vets aren't a good fit sometimes.
Alldera
Thank you 🙏
I will return to a damp water piece of gauze on my finger when she feels better and the cat toothpaste you mentioned is the best and I used it her first five years. She liked the malt flavor also as yours do

She is eating her dry food today and filtered water

the eye I hope to see totally healed which affected the cranial nerves

I have no idea what else could hapoen

time will tell

I am so thankful because I can not afford pet insurance and could not have paid long term care for her

if she had not started drinking or eating or had a major stroke or organ damage from the adverse steroid shot

Thank you for replying and caring

It made my day much better
Lily says thank you 🙏 too
Sheri and lily

sheridragonfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is not showing signs of total blindness in both eyes

this week nor a full stroke

From her first and that will be the last steroid shot .

She was healthy and never had a vet visit for any problem in eight years

No surgery since spayed as shelter kitten

No medications no illnesses

We will do our best to help her adapt to losing vision in her left eye and what ever happens in her health from the adverse reaction to the long term steroid shot.

Thank you so much to the members of the cat site. Who voted for lily in the black and white photo contest !

That was a picture taken last month here at home

Attachments