Upset Tummy - Pro Kolin alternative?

Luchia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone

Just wanted to get a bit of advice if possible, my kitty is currently on a hypoallergenic diet and taking a steroid prescribed by the vet for her allergies, she occasionally gets bouts of diarrhoea and the vet advised to use Pro Kolin but unfortunately my kitty won’t take the paste at all after doing a bit of research online I found a product called Pro Balance tablets which is a Prebiotic and Probiotic but it doesn’t appear to have the binding agent of the Kolin paste and was wondering if this would help with her upset tummy?
The vet doesn’t seem worried as she’s acting like her normal self and is eating/drinking as normal and doesn’t appear to be using the litter tray more frequently to poop, it’s just when she does go it’s loose.

I did read that it’s the Pre and Probiotic that do the work to stop loose poops but I’m just concerned it wouldn't help without the binding agents???
The tablets say they can be given on a daily basis to keep the gut healthy which would be much better than trying to give her the paste which she despises

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luchia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankfully after a little trial and error we found one that she will eat, The Vet suggested we try the Pro Kolin Advanced for Dogs as it's the exact same ingredients just a different flavour and my little kitty loves it!!
She's been on it a few days now and her poop is now fully formed and no longer loose so that's a huge relief, The great part is that even open it's safe to keep for several months as long as the cap is reapplied immediately after use so if it starts again we have some ready to use, The vet is pretty certain that its the steroid that's been causing the upset tummy so her dose has been reduced from 5 to 2.5 and thankfully her allergy hasn't flared back up so far.