Upset Over Bathroom.

catmull2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a kitty that gets extremely upset and anytime my husband or I are in the bathroom...brushing our teeth, showering, or even just walking in and standing in the bathroom makes him upset. He meows and wines and talks.
Any way we could help him or if someone could maybe explain his strange behavior?

flamesabers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is the bathroom door closed when he's meowing and whining? If so, his behavior might be because he know you or your husband is in another room he doesn't have access to.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Does he want you to turn on the faucet so he can get a drink?
I have a boy who loooooves drinking from the tub faucet. And he is VERY vocal until I say, "Oh, you want a tubby?" and turn it on for him to get a nice long slurp sesh.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmull2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bathroom door is never closed...we leave it cracked open and they have no fear of opening doors. He sees us, he can hear us and we talk to him and pet him.

catmull2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Never tried the faucet. We'll have to give it a go.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Could you just pick him up and put him in the bathroom? Maybe sit him on the toilet tank top? Feeby will go there by herself and sit when either my husband or I are taking a shower.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's less than a year old and you have the fuzzy seat cover on the toilet, keep an eye on it. Sweet Gum pulled out a inch square section of the fuzzy fibers. I put it away until she was two and she didn't bother it again, though she sleeps on it. I never found the fibers so I think she processed them.

catmull2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have picked him up and put him on the counter. He is pretty brave about going where he pleases and unless it's the kitchen counter he's allowed to explore wherever his kitty senses send him.

flamesabers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bathroom door is never closed...we leave it cracked open and they have no fear of opening doors. He sees us, he can hear us and we talk to him and pet him.
Does he get upset when the water starts running for the faucet/toilet/bathtub? Coco enjoys checking out the bathroom even when nobody is in there, but as soon as she hears water running, she makes a quick exit.