Upset GI tract after antibiotics

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi folks,
Nico and I made our third trip to the vet clinic today. Long story short, the Baytril for his bad UTI destroyed his GI tract. The vet said he has nothing left, no good or bad bacteria and he was shedding the flora or lining of his stomach and intestines. This poor guy has had such a rough month.
We're well equipped now, ringers bag, mirtazipine, Cerenia, pepcid, Biome Rx food, and some bup for his pain.

Just curious if anyone else has been through something like this?

I'm sure it will take him quite a while to recover and rebuild that healthy gut. I'm also giving him S. Boulardii to help. On the plus side, this is the first day in weeks without diarrhea!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I highly recommend the products, testing, and customer support from KittyBiome/AnimalBiome.

AnimalBiome.com

I would start with their GMP which is s boulardii, FOS (a prebiotic that encourages good bacteria to grow), and a bacteriophage ingredient that will specifically target E. coli. E. coli is common and usually not problematic in cat guts. But after antibiotics use, E. coli flourishes and can become problematic. It feeds on dead epithelial cells. If he’s shedding the lining, that’s feeding E. coli. S boulardii will starve it out. But their bacteriophage ingredient will specifically come after it and eat it.

When the diarrhea has stopped for awhile and not just a day, you can start their Gut Restore Supplement which is microbiome transplant from carefully screened healthy donor cats.

They also have a testing product so you can see your progress. It can take awhile to get his gut back in order. But you should see results from both their GMP and the Gut Restore in a few days to a couple of weeks.

You can also send an email to [email protected] if you have any questions. They answer usually within 1 business day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaBlue82

Sadie rules, Julian drools, my boys rule heaven ❤
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I highly recommend the products, testing, and customer support from KittyBiome/AnimalBiome.

AnimalBiome.com

I would start with their GMP which is s boulardii, FOS (a prebiotic that encourages good bacteria to grow), and a bacteriophage ingredient that will specifically target E. coli. E. coli is common and usually not problematic in cat guts. But after antibiotics use, E. coli flourishes and can become problematic. It feeds on dead epithelial cells. If he’s shedding the lining, that’s feeding E. coli. S boulardii will starve it out. But their bacteriophage ingredient will specifically come after it and eat it.

When the diarrhea has stopped for awhile and not just a day, you can start their Gut Restore Supplement which is microbiome transplant from carefully screened healthy donor cats.

They also have a testing product so you can see your progress. It can take awhile to get his gut back in order. But you should see results from both their GMP and the Gut Restore in a few days to a couple of weeks.

You can also send an email to [email protected] if you have any questions. They answer usually within 1 business day.
Thank you for this! I will definitely look into the products.