Updates...

ExoticCatnip149

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So this has been a rough week...

I've been using some of the reintroduction methods via Jackson Galaxy, separation with no visual contact, site swaping, meal feeding vs free feeding. This is day 2. My gurl howls and complains when i move her to the back room, tries to knock down my make shift door (which terrorizes the one I'm separating her from) . Poor boy...he goes from thanks for letting me out ma to, wtf is that back there, lol. I say make shift because i have no doors, aside from the bathroom and its waay too small to lock them in. Either way, I have them on 12 hour shifts on either side. Tomorrow i have to go back to work, please pray that it holds up while I'm gone. It'd kill me if they fought while I was away.

Shoot, I even paid for a woman to come do some reiki on them. I'm trying holistic flower essences too.

My energy is cool, not despairing at all but, I'd be lying if I said all of this is easy. The babies are worth it though, so I'll do what it takes, within reason of course.

It sounds like she's stopped the howling back there and its probably curled up somewhere pissed at me lol. I'll go back there in a few a spend an hour before I retire. Right now I am spending time with the boys.

If you guys have anymore suggestions, please let me know. As always thanks for reading.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a helpful article about re-introducing cats, if you haven't seen it yet: How To Fix An Unsuccessful Cat Introduction

Cats can take a while to warm up to each other. Two days is still very early in the process, so you just need to be a bit patient.

You do need to be careful with the flower essences. There's a long list of plants that are poisonous to cats that are harmless to humans: Toxic and Non-Toxic Plant List - Cats

Feliway is something that could try. It mimics feline pheromones, which helps cats to relax.

Are your cats fixed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ExoticCatnip149

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They're all fixed. Took the last one in to do so after the fight. He'll be fully recovered in a few days. He didn't care to be separated this morning.

Did the feeding on either side of the door this morning. No growls no hisses. As I was coming out of that room, I Ieft a crack in the door. Roo stuck his paw through and i grabbed a ribbon. The girl (cassie didnt hiss Or back away. I closed it off after 2 minutes and did the room swap. He (Roo) is now protesting but im sure he'll settle down, go in the closet, and rest.

This is technically my first day back at work. I'm praying with everything in me that roo doesnt get out of the room and I return to everyone on their respective sides.

At 1, Cassie managed to get out and it scared the shit out of all of us. I was able to grab her and put her back before anything happened. I hope that doesnt set anything back!! They both just want to be around me.