Update two years late.

TGM2020

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
About two years ago I posted about one of my cats reacting badly to seeing a stray cat coming that kept coming into our yard and I was terrified of what would happen if my relative had to come live with me with her behavior.

She still has her issues, however she has calmed down a lot even with what has been going on around us. Our dog got really sick, and that was her buddy. It was his time to go start a new adventure in July, she misses him and started to root under the blankets on the bed and sleeps there during the day. We had to have a very strict routine with medication with our dog, she got really used to that and honestly it helped a ton. She has also become very clingy, she follows us around the house just the way he did and charge in behind you the same way, she also lost her beloved little blue mousy and that made it worse.

All in all, with her a very strict routine and now lots and lots of attention. I think she is still a very insecure cat, she was a street kitten when I rescued her, so I think there is that still in her, I made lots of mistakes. I thought she would be as easy going as our first cat, but I made her the mess she is today.

I'm sorry this update is so long overdue. Life man, it happens and it sucks a lot and time gets away from us. Hug your babies for me, there is light for those that were where I was with their cat's behavior thinking that re-homing would be best. I'm so glad that I waited it out, but there is no shame in also doing what is best for those with paws because we are all here because we love them and want them to have a happy life.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
she also lost her beloved little blue mousy and that made it worse.
There are real fur mice available, I had something similar happen and couldn't find a replacement until I found these. Amazon and Etsy have some but Kats 'n Us (catsnus .com) were the ones that worked for my boy 👍

Also, you might look into a heartbeat toy :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to hear she is doing so well. Some cats require much more time and patience than others and they all have their quirks that we learn to love or at least tolerate.