Update on Winnie

kim36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well it's been a week since I took Winnie in...and wow what a difference! My old girl Luby seems the one making progress with her! Winnie is out from the bed and comes out to eat and visit Luby...today i actually touched her soft little head...Ok i might get some criticism...but I am taking the vibes from her, she comes out to eat and does the needing thing..all blinks and I can tell she is comfortable. But man does she respond to Luby...she just wants to hang out with her and vice versa! So I've left the door open in the day for them to visit and at night Winnie is in her room. There has been no fighting just a little growling when Winnie gets about 4 inches from her but that's it! i can't
know Winnie is playing the submissive role on her side and giving Luby her belly, but what a pair! I hope she gets the nerve to come out and explore! I'm so impressed with them both!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing the good news on Winnie's progress. Luby gets top honors for being a willing mentor. I am pleased to see that you are taking cues from Winnie, and letting her have a say on what works for her. The main thing is that it is working!!! I look forward to your next update!! Susan
Originally Posted by kim36

Well it's been a week since I took Winnie in...and wow what a difference! My old girl Luby seems the one making progress with her! Winnie is out from the bed and comes out to eat and visit Luby...today i actually touched her soft little head...Ok i might get some criticism...but I am taking the vibes from her, she comes out to eat and does the needing thing..all blinks and I can tell she is comfortable. But man does she respond to Luby...she just wants to hang out with her and vice versa! So I've left the door open in the day for them to visit and at night Winnie is in her room. There has been no fighting just a little growling when Winnie gets about 4 inches from her but that's it! i can't
know Winnie is playing the submissive role on her side and giving Luby her belly, but what a pair! I hope she gets the nerve to come out and explore! I'm so impressed with them both!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
each cat is different. Some cats have been outside longer so they return more to their wild roots, and others have been socialized with people, abandoned, or kicked out or lost and it takes some time, but things start to click and cats relax. You are doing the right thing by taking your cues from her. Way to go!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim - I've just got back and am catching up with the news. It's great to hear that Winnie is doing so well. And as for Luby....what a little star she is

Keep up the good work

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news!
I'm glad Winnie and Luby seem to like each other

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have to trust your instincts and just go with what you feel is correct. You know your own kitty best. Glad to hear they are getting acquainted!