Update on my so called TNR case

SunshineKitten00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
MOD NOTE: This is ongoing from Something wrong with TNR case but it no longer belongs in that forum.

************************************************************************************

Here’s an update on the cat who I tnr a few months ago. She’s now living in my house full time. I slowly integrated her into my household. My father loves her and is starting to dote on her and my mom is not getting angry at her again (she is the one who oppose her the most.

She still sleeps in my kitchen area but during day time when I’m around she’ll go into the main house. My mom is okay with this since my dad and I love her (sometimes my dad will sneak her in by himself). All is good as long she doesn’t go up the furniture which she thankfully doesn’t. + idk where she potty (I’ve prepared a litter box for her but she never use it and I never spot her poop/pee). We call her Kitten.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She looks so sweet. If she is strictly indoor and there is no pee or poop in the litter box you best start looking to find out where she is going before the odor gets really bad . If she has found some spot in the house that she is using for her litter box you will have to break her of that habit and once they have started using a spot other than their litter it can be challenging to get them to go elsewhere.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here’s an update on the cat who I tnr a few months ago. She’s now living in my house full time. I slowly integrated her into my household. My father loves her and is starting to dote on her and my mom is not getting angry at her again (she is the one who oppose her the most.

She still sleeps in my kitchen area but during day time when I’m around she’ll go into the main house. My mom is okay with this since my dad and I love her (sometimes my dad will sneak her in by himself). All is good as long she doesn’t go up the furniture which she thankfully doesn’t. + idk where she potty (I’ve prepared a litter box for her but she never use it and I never spot her poop/pee). We call her Kitten.
Why on earth would anyone "get angry" at her???
There is a litter called CatAttract that will likely help to attract her to use her litterbox. Cat behaviorist extraordinaire, "Cat Daddy" Jackson Galaxy, has lots of videos on YouTube, several books, and a hit Animal Planet TV series, "My Cat From Hell" (it's not the cats who are from hell, it's the people!) with lots of expert pointers on the matter. Please learn about how to satisfy your cat's basic instincts. Cats are the cleanest animals on earth (much cleaner than humans, who are primates) and their natural instinct is to use sandy substrate and cover their waste.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SunshineKitten00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, just to clarify my mom generally doesn’t like cats. She previously didn’t allow me to keep Kitten or any other cats. So she gets angry if Kitten goes into the ‘human space’ (my agreement with her was for Kitten to only stay in the kitchen and garage).

But I think she changed her mind now. She’s kind of okay with Kitten being in the living room. + Kitten is a very nice cat she only scratch our carpet but since my carpet is like those tufting carpet it doesn’t sustain any damage. I’ve literally looked everywhere for her poop but can’t find any. My theory is that she does it in my garden and cover it really well.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
But I think she changed her mind now.
I'm glad your mom has warmed up to Kitten. :catlove: Kitten has you to thank for that and hopefully your mom will become a cat convert. I agree with others that it would be beneficial to try and find where she is urinating and defecating. If you think she potties in the garden I would check that area. If there is inclement weather and she's inside the house she may not want to go out to the garden.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE: I've added a link to the previous thread to the first post, as there is a lot of information there that makes the situation more clear. :)