~Update on Meerkat Crew~ Tosca, Youssarian and Lazuli~

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~Well I havent been posting much latey and thanks for the personal emails Ive been getting asking how they are doing! We are in the process of moving so Im "SUSPOSED" to be packing and wot not but Ive been sneaking online every day haha!~

~The babies are getting bigger and better. Im still using the cream the vet gave me but its SLOW progress. They are growing like little weeds but still have some hair loss and no new regrowth yet. Not sure if the infection is under control and hair just is taking forever to grow OR if they still have the ring worm alittle bit but they are doing better!~

~If you remember Youssarian was the chubbs of the trio from the beginning...with sister Tosca coming in second and lil runt Lazuli last but roles have changed since then. Tosca weighs in at #1 followed by a close call for second. Lazuli and Tosca definatly have longer hair...dont know how long it will be as adults but right now they have quite a bit. Youssarian is going to be shorter haired. He isnt a fluff ball anymore thats for sure. They are 4 weeks and 2 days old today. Getting big and have their own personalities. Tosca is the explorer. Lazuli is still quiet and simple while Youssarian is still a mommas baby and whines alot when he's in trouble. He picks fights with his sis and bro but then calls for mom when big sis Tosca "HANDLES" him haha....but thats like most men lolol~

~Here is pics. It was a beautiful sunny day so I took them and NoNo outside while we were grilling out so they could get some fresh air. They have been secluded off in one bedroom since the ringworm spread and 2 of my children caught it so now Im the only one handling the babies~

~They wouldnt be still for long so this is all I got so far. Im heading BACK outside but wanted to update while I had a moment~

Here s Lazuli who was the worst infected. He is doing better but still looks alittle ODD lol

LiL Tosca...or shall I say HUGE Tosca lol she is bigger than the other 2 now.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has NoNo been spayed? She can mate and become pregnant again, if not. I'm just asking because I see she is outside in those pics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No she is not spayed yet but as stated above and in previous post she is never allowed outside without me. We were outside for a couple hours grilling and they have been cooped up in one bedroom of the house so I thought it would be nice for mom and babies to get some fresh air. I have taken her outside before but normally she is on a harness and retractable leash when I take her out. When I am outside with her she does not leave our fenced back yard. I have no male cats and I keep a close eye on her. She never goes more than a few feet off the deck.

She will be spayed once babies are weaned. I operate a rescue so I understand the responsibilities of allowing her outside unspayed,,...but you can rest assured she will NOT be bred again....not on MY watch haha. Mom and babies are back inside and resting. They babies enjoyed walking around the yard. My entire back yard is brick patio so there is not alot of grass or places for them to hide. They kept getting inside the dog house and playing hide and seek with the Yorkies Bartyll and Abby. We had a fun day but Im exausted and ready for a nap haha! Im joining the babies now

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I felt really bad for you having ringworm with the kittens, but now I can just plain sympathize. Damita has ringworm again(she's an adult at least).

The hair will be really slow to grow back in, unfortunately. If when you are done with the medicine, you do not see hair regrowth, get them back to the vet. You may need another medicine or longer treatment. Does NoNo have ringworm?

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Natalie, has Damita had a medication called Griseofulvin? If she keeps getting ringworm, this may just stop it coming back for good. It's quite strong and must be given with something fatty like a tablespoon of tuna in oil, some sardines or even a tablespoon of wet kiten food, but I've found it excellent on stubborn or recurring ringworm.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

Natalie, has Damita had a medication called Griseofulvin? If she keeps getting ringworm, this may just stop it coming back for good. It's quite strong and must be given with something fatty like a tablespoon of tuna in oil, some sardines or even a tablespoon of wet kiten food, but I've found it excellent on stubborn or recurring ringworm.
Tried it(the first two times it is what I used to treat her). The result was further hairloss, vomiting, diarrhea, no appetie, & she lost 2 very precious pounds. She's now on....Fluoxetine? or something along that line. This one is supposed to be easier on the stomach, so we'll see if this wipes it out. We've tried Fulvicin, Ketoconazole(made her ill), Conofite cream(didn't lick it), & medicated shampoo/condition baths.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~Do you mean Fluconazole? I was given ITRACONAZOLE for Oreo but NoNo still has no lesions or anything! Im like WHAT?? How can she be nursing the babies etc and NOT have ringworm? Ive got it...my 2 daughters have it...how does SHE not have it lolol!~

I was also told by my vet that the incubation period for ringworm is 2-4 weeks so you dont often see it in kittens less than 4 weeks...yea RIGHT lol my babies just turned 4 weeks...so they had to have it EARLY on. I was also told I could use Lime Sulfur on mom and that its safe as long as I wipe it off her teats before they nurse....but so far she hasnt showed any signs or symptoms.

Im telling you this is really beginning to get to me because every day my kiddoes are getting new spots etc and my 2 spots have cleared up but I have 2 very perfect pale white rings on my legs...very visible and I go to the tanning bed but the spots dont tan...so darker I get...whiter they stay and show up~

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww, I've been wondering about the Crew
good news that they are on the mend, its a slow job

They are looking a lot better and it was nice they could stretch their little legs a bit
and get some sun & fresh air

Keep us posted and all the best for your move

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, they get more adorable by the day!!! I'm so glad they are getting better, albeit slowly. Keep us updated on them when you can and keep taking pics.