update on Lucy

prettypusscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a quick update on lucy , ive been for a visit today to see her she purred like mad when she saw me , the vets are waiting to amputate her tail as they want to see if she can go to the toilet herself first both ways , its not looking too good they say as they thinking she might be incontinent , she is dribbling all over bless her .does anyone else have an incontinent cat ? ive bought her some new toys today all ready for when she comes home as she IS coming home

catwoman_2669

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have a cat that has no control over her bladder. so i got her some baby diapers and baby powder and she is wearing diapers most of the time now. she dont mind at all she acually likes the attention she gets. we using size 2 diapers but u might need to use a different size just depend on the cats weight. dont buy animal diapers they cost way more and dont work any better then normal baby diapers. oh and also u might want to buy diaper rash cream.
if u have any questions just let me know.
good luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

prettypusscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
thanks to both of you for the quick reply , the vet has phoned me and told me he is giving her 3 days to get her bladder function to work or he says she needs to be put to sleep , i told him NO WAY !
he says the nerve to her bladder is not working because of her broken tail and they are having to express her urine by pressing on her , he said he is going to consult some other vets as he does not think he can release her into my care with her condition , i told him if he teaches me to do it i will be able to do it if nothing else can be done , im home all day as i have a very epilectic dog so its no problem for me and in the evening when i work my husband is home , lucy would be so looked after am i just being selfish thinking of myself as i dont want to lose her ?
she is leaking but her bladder gets full and she cant do it herself ive been trying to think of anything that we can do for her i thought what if they could catheterise her like they do humans i know im clutching at straws i just want her home so i can look after her

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hun, I`m so sorry
I don`t think you are being selfish. You love her and don`t want to lose her.

I would listen to the vet though, after all, they are the experts. You need to think about her quality of life and how she would cope. Would she be happy?

It`s possible she may regain her bladder function in the next 3 days. My freinds cat was run over and couldn`t pee at first but after a short time he started peeing on his own. It worries me that she can`t poo either though.

I would wait the 3 days and see what the vet recommends.

I really hope she will get better but you have to do what is right for her at the end of the day

catwoman_2669

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
first of all if u want to take your cat home there is nothing he can do about it. its your cat. in cases like that i always talk to at least 2-3 different vets.
it would be easier to talk on a messenger about it since i dont know alot of about your kittys condition. my husband works at a vet clinic and has lot of vet friends that know little tricks and stuff. so if u want we can talk on a messenger just let me know when u have time.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep on your quest to find out how to bring Lucy home and to give her a quality life. here's some mega prayers and vibes that she heals quickly and can soon potty by herself

prettypusscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it would be easier to talk on a messenger about it since i dont know alot of about your kittys condition. my husband works at a vet clinic and has lot of vet friends that know little tricks and stuff. so if u want we can talk on a messenger just let me know when u have time.[/quote]

thank you i will send you my messenger so we can chat thank you so much , im in the UK so we will work out the best time .

thank you again

prettypusscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lucy has done a poo
im soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy

she did it overnight the vet said and she did it in her bed not her litter so he not happy but im exstatic as at the moment im clinging onto any little thing .
she also had a little urine in her bed im praying she managed to do it herself and it didnt dribble out but the vet said her bladder was not really full when he checked her this morning , he has had to express her bladder still .
im just on my way now to visit Lucy and take her some of her own cat litter as maybe she dont like the vets she is a fussy little thing :-)

catwoman_2669

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
in my profile i have all my messengers and screen names listed. if u have any of them just add me to it. if not let me know which u have and i can download it and add u then