Update On Housing

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi friends! I thought I'd post an update on the housing situation from my previous posting about keeping my cat in a small room. Everyone was so helpful and generous with their thoughts and advice!

I considered getting my own apartment. I considered still living at home with my grandmother. What I decided is to stay at home to be able to continue to help my elderly grandmother. I will not get rid of the cat, but my room is only 144 sq feet. My large bed takes up more than half of the room with both dressers and the night table. There is a cat tree and a cactus stand for scratching, and his litter box is in my bathroom but there is no vertical space as people were suggesting. I've decided to get a smaller bed and install three or four shelves along the walls. This will allow him more space and more of a challenge so he can be more comfortable. Thank you for all your suggestions. I have to check back on the links I was given to see where I can get the shelves and how I can install them. I hope he'll be happier. Thanks again guys!

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds very cool. I bet your room will be a cat wonderland.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kalebkat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah thats my goal!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear that your cat will soon have a nice playground!

I made some shelves for Oscar, and he loves them. I did have to cover the tops with carpet scraps though. He's a pretty rambunctious guy, and needed some traction to keep him from skidding off the shelves when he has the crazies and suddenly throws on the brakes. ;-)