Update on abused pregnant cat

florit0275

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have brought her to the vet and the lump on her side was diagnosed as a hernia. After she has her litter, she will be spayed and have the hernia fixed as well.

My question, however is why she is being so lazy. Every 5 seconds she lays down and refuses to get up. Is she close to giving birth? She is HUGE and you can feel the babies moving vigorously!. She layed in the same spot for 5 hours today. How long till she gives birth you guys think?

Nipples are pinker as of the last 3 days and she has been trying to escape her room (which is different for her) LOTS AND LOTS of eating (up until today shes too lazy) and lots of drinking. No noticable amount of milk available from the nipples but some cats don't have any until birth, right?

When do her breasts fill with milk?

Anybody in the central Indiana area want a kitten? Or anyone willing to drive here. The mother is calico, no idea as to what the father looked like.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that I can't answer your questions! But you are a very nice person to take in this poor Momma cat! She is probably just tired from the pregnancy. Since she was found outside, it is very likely that she has had several pregnancies and is just depleted. Hopefully you are giving her kitten food to help her and those babies grow strong!