Update For Jasper. Stage 4 Ckd. What Do???

Shredbore

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello all. If you’ve seen my last thread you’ll have noticed jasper has made a big recovery since finding out he’s been diagnosed with kidney disease.

We switched his food and everything was purrrrfecf!

Until a week ago. He started puking again which wasn’t abnormal or anything. Just more I guess. So he had a check up where the vet confirmed he’s doing worse and his kidneys are getting worse

She said there’s nothing she can do.

Now he’s eating litter again, not sleeping us and doesn’t like getting picked up. Now he’s back to not eating as much again.

I don’t know what to do. I’m keeping him comfortable giving him beef liver.

I just wish there was something that could sure him (I know it’s in currable). Or at least make him the kitty he once was.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
  • Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ah, Sweetie, I really hate to hear that! By all means, check out the site that Furballsmom Furballsmom recommended. It is excellent, and several members have found information there that gave their cats an extended decent quality of life.

Meanwhile, here is a checklist that will take some of the heart-rending guesswork out of making the Hard Decision, when that time comes:
The Feline Quality of Life Scale Helps You Determine If It's Time to Say Goodbye to Your Cat | Catster

But give Tanya's site a chance to help first!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is he constipated? Many CKD kitties suffer with constipation and dry, hard stools. When they're constipated, it just backs everything up in the gastro tract and can result in vomiting and decreased appetite.