UNUSUAL litter box problem

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some reason, Jasmine has decided that the bedroom litter box is an ideal "staging area" for surprise attacks on toys, shoes, scraps of paper, whatever. It's scattering litter all over the floor.

Anybody have any idea how to gently break her of this before it becomes habitual?

Margret

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe a high sided or covered box would help contain things a little better. Beyond that, I'm stumped :disa:

Cats...they do so love to gently torment us... :rolleyes:

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get a rubbermaid bin and cut an entry hole into it- boom, super high-sided litter box!

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree with the others having a higher bin helps.

I changed from clumping to pellets the ones that played or hung out in litter boxes stopped.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

I changed from clumping to pellets the ones that played or hung out in litter boxes stopped.
~GRIN~  Tried that with Hekitty...went to pellets.  The next morning I found her "business" neatly done right next to the litter box.  Some cats are very, very picky about their litter.  Needless to say, we're back to clumping, and her favorite corn clumping to boot.  I'm so glad that corn wasn't on her list of allergies.

miannorvy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Turn the box toward the wall so she cant run out so fast. There wont be as many "attacks" she can plan either.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just a thought...if it is a covered box, try uncovering it to get rid of that "lion in the cave waiting to pounce" vibe.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you buy a play tunnel and put it in your bedroom--or even duct tape it to the opening of the litterbox (if it's the covered kind).

Whoa!!! I might use my own suggestion, and see if it cuts down on tracking....