unsure where to post this - do vets visit here? I need caring help :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friskysmom, thank you for the update. I don't mean to push, but have you check the link a member gave you in another thread, with a list of holistic vets, to see if you could find one in your area?

My thoughts and concerns (my usual disclaimer here - I'm not a vet or vet tech, nor have I had to deal with a cat living with FIV before, these are just my thoughts as someone with a human medical background - retired RN - and a long time cat owning person)...a viral infection or a bacterial in the instestines...even if it's viral supportive care can be given, attempts to boost the immune system, suggestions on how to keep Frisky hydrated and retaining some nourishment from his food. If it is a bacterial infection, there are medicines - though how a holistic vs a conventional vet would deal with this, I don't know, but I'm sure they would have recommendations.

Truly..you need to find out *what* you are dealing with, then you can take steps to clear this up, or help boost his body to deal with it, and find out what supportive care he needs. Labs would tell if he's dehydrated, becoming anemic, fighting an infection, a culture and sensitivity (not to mention just a visual exam under a scope) of the stool would also give important information.

Please...I can hear how painful this is, how tired you are, how worried you are, how much you love him. You can help Frisky best by getting information and finding a holistic vet to support you and guide you on what to try.

I wish you both all the best, please don't go quiet again.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dr Doolittle is right.. Vet of some kind ASAP...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Friskysmom, i've read everything here, and i really feel for you, but please take your little one to see a vet asap, then tell us what happens.

We all know your worried, but the sooner you take Frisky you'll be able to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.