University Research Project

UniStudent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I am conducting a questionnaire researching human interpretations of feline behaviour. Anyone can participate in this questionnaire - you do not need any experience of owning a cat or working with them. The questionnaire should take about five minutes to complete.

Cat Behaviour

All recorded responses will be anonymous, however, if you wish to contact me regarding any queries or concerns you may have, please send me a PM.

I would like both cat and non-cat owners to participate in this questionnaire! Once completed, please could you share this post so I can get more responses!

Thank you in advance!

Ashleigh

Last edited by a moderator:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I am conducting a questionnaire researching human interpretations of feline behaviour. Anyone can participate in this questionnaire - you do not need any experience of owning a cat or working with them. The questionnaire should take about five minutes to complete.

Cat Behaviour

All recorded responses will be anonymous, however, if you wish to contact me regarding any queries or concerns you may have, please send me a PM.

I would like both cat and non-cat owners to participate in this questionnaire! Once completed, please could you share this post so I can get more responses!

Thank you in advance!

Ashleigh
Done!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
U UniStudent I just realized, on the last question, that you can click more than one answer. That happened when I decided to change my answer and both boxes stayed clicked instead of switching. Is that intentional?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
U UniStudent I just realized, on the last question, that you can click more than one answer. That happened when I decided to change my answer and both boxes stayed clicked instead of switching. Is that intentional?
I interpreted it as intentional, given the verbiage in the question afforded the option for more than one response - the only one in the survey that did!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

UniStudent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi GoldyCat - that is intentional as there is two cats in the GIF! All of the other questions have the option for only one behaviour to be selected as there is only one cat displayed in those pictures or GIFs! Thank you for completing the survey for me!

UniStudent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I interpreted it as intentional, given the verbiage in the question afforded the option for more than one response - the only one in the survey that did!!
That's right! Thank you for competing my questionnaire, it is very much appreciated!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did it! And now I'm second guessing everything I thought I knew about cat body language. Lol.

Adelei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel like you should have put "agitation" or at least "anger" on the list. I don't consider frustration OR aggression to be the same as agitation, but those are the closest things on the list.

UniStudent

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I feel like you should have put "agitation" or at least "anger" on the list. I don't consider frustration OR aggression to be the same as agitation, but those are the closest things on the list.
Hi Adelei,

Thank you for the response! This is useful, as I am sure that others may have felt the same way as you when answering. Unfortunately, I can no longer change the questionnaire without completely disregarding my current responses. When sending out the pilot questionnaire, I had a couple of responses saying the selection of behaviours was a large list as it was. I hope this helps with the problem you had! Any more questions or issues, you can PM me!

Ashleigh

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the cat swishing its tail was just agitated. It doesn't mean it was any of the other responses. I missed the two-answer question, too.