Unique fur pattern I have never seen before

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys, this is my childhood cat Jeany, she sadly already passed at 19 years old in 2021 one but I'm still curious about her fur pattern. I have never seen a cat looking like that. She was just extraordinary beautiful ♥
Her fur was also extremely soft! Her brother Jerry had simple black fur. I'm sorry that the picture quality isn't the best but I lost a lot of pictures due to a dying phone :(
IMG_20230801_083708.jpg
IMG_20230801_083649.jpg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is kind of hard to see clearly in the photos.. but is it similar to this coat pattern?

Also I'm sorry she is no longer around.. that being said she will always be with you ❤ 😺

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
It is kind of hard to see clearly in the photos.. but is it similar to this coat pattern?

[/URL]

Also I'm sorry she is no longer around.. that being said she will always be with you ❤ 😺
Thank you for your sweet words ♥
Yes she looks quite similar, just much lighter from the colors!
She just looked like a stormy cloudy night..
This pic of a Norwegian forest cat I found online has the closest kind of fur pattern to her that I could find just that hers is a bit darker!
q633k7jywdy41.jpg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This pic of a Norwegian forest cat I found online has the closest kind of fur pattern to her that I could find just that hers is a bit darker!View attachment 456071
You are more than welcome.
That is the closest I have seen coat wise like you said just darker...
Your Jeany was absolutely adorable!!!

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
You are more than welcome.
That is the closest I have seen coat wise like you said just darker...
Your Jeany was absolutely adorable!!!
My mother thought she may has some Norwegian forest cat genes because of this similarity, as her fur was also extremely soft/fluffy, but besides that she had the height of an European shorthair cat. And her bother looked completely like a black European shorthair.
She was such a sweet kitty too, older than me and always watched over me. She lived a long and happy life, although I no longer agree with letting cats outside unsupervised, she was outside a lot. Never sick besides when my parents rescued her with her brother as kittens. Even in old age, she was doing pretty well. Like humans, she did have some joint pains and was losing her hearing, but she had no illnesses. We were truly lucky she lived so long and healthy🥺

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother thought she may has some Norwegian forest cat genes because of this similarity, as her fur was also extremely soft/fluffy, but besides that she had the height of an European shorthair cat. And her bother looked completely like a black European shorthair.
She was such a sweet kitty too, older than me and always watched over me. She lived a long and happy life, although I no longer agree with letting cats outside unsupervised, she was outside a lot. Never sick besides when my parents rescued her with her brother as kittens. Even in old age, she was doing pretty well. Like humans, she did have some joint pains and was losing her hearing, but she had no illnesses. We were truly lucky she lived so long and healthy🥺
I can hear it reading what you wrote, she was truly loved and it is evident she loved you! She watched over you when you were growing up. That is proof that she truly loved you beyond a shadow of a doubt. 😺 ❤ 👶 I am glad she lived a nice long healthy life full of love and companionship.

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
I can hear it reading what you wrote, she was truly loved and it is evident she loved you! She watched over you when you were growing up. That is proof that she truly loved you beyond a shadow of a doubt. 😺 ❤ 👶 I am glad she lived a nice long healthy life full of love and companionship.
You're so sweet, thank you! I think she had a lot of maternal instincts towards me when I was a baby and her brother did too. Always laying with me in my crib, always gentle and tolerate. Of course I have been taught to be gentle with animals but you know I was still super young. Everytime I cried as baby and my parents were doing something normal with me, they hit them lol. I guess they thought they were hurting me and came to protect 😂♥

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're so sweet, thank you! I think she had a lot of maternal instincts towards me when I was a baby and her brother did too. Always laying with me in my crib, always gentle and tolerate. Of course I have been taught to be gentle with animals but you know I was still super young. Everytime I cried as baby and my parents were doing something normal with me, they hit them lol. I guess they thought they were hurting me and came to protect 😂♥
That is womderful!!!! My parents had rescued an abused dog from a shelter. She was a boxer. I had been attacked by a dog and my mom was trying to help me with my fear and help her have a good life.. We became so close I could be about a 10 minute walk away at a friend's house my mom would tell her to go get me and she would come there get me and walk me back. If anyone came by driving she would stand between me and the road. One time we were fishing at the pond and these two Dobermans came Charging at me and my mom and she fought both of them to protect us it was so scary. Thank god she was fine and didn't get hurt. She would sleep between my legs every night. I miss her so much I love when animals protect young children it is precious and that is pure unconditional love! The best kind!!

That is absolutely hilarious she would try to protect you from your parents although they weren't doing anything wrong hahaha She didn't know she just knew they were doing something to you and you were crying so she must protect you

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
That is womderful!!!! My parents had rescued an abused dog from a shelter. She was a boxer. I had been attacked by a dog and my mom was trying to help me with my fear and help her have a good life.. We became so close I could be about a 10 minute walk away at a friend's house my mom would tell her to go get me and she would come there get me and walk me back. If anyone came by driving she would stand between me and the road. One time we were fishing at the pond and these two Dobermans came Charging at me and my mom and she fought both of them to protect us it was so scary. Thank god she was fine and didn't get hurt. She would sleep between my legs every night. I miss her so much I love when animals protect young children it is precious and that is pure unconditional love! The best kind!!

That is absolutely hilarious she would try to protect you from your parents although they weren't doing anything wrong hahaha She didn't know she just knew they were doing something to you and you were crying so she must protect you
Your childhood dog sounds like such a sweet good girl, such a heartwarming story 🥺🥺 You guys found each other in the right time and moment, healing each other. Its beautiful to hear that you got to grow up with such a loving doggy that helped you overcome your fear and that she finally got to know a family that had nothing but pure love for her, that good people exist. Love from animals is the purest kind of love 💕

Yes its so funny but also so sweet that both immediately came to my rescue 😂🥺

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your childhood dog sounds like such a sweet good girl, such a heartwarming story 🥺🥺 You guys found each other in the right time and moment, healing each other. Its beautiful to hear that you got to grow up with such a loving doggy that helped you overcome your fear and that she finally got to know a family that had nothing but pure love for her, that good people exist. Love from animals is the purest kind of love 💕

Yes its so funny but also so sweet that both immediately came to my rescue 😂🥺
The worst part is my mom was working night shift. I went in the basement early in the morning to take my laundry down and as soon as I got down there I saw this dog looking at me I froze started crying and yelled for my mom who was still sleeping it was early.. she came running down and this dog is just staring at me still... that is how we first saw each other which was terrifying lol but when my mom came down she explained that she was dog that was hurt by people and we had to help her. I instantly warmed up to her. She pretty immediately decided that I was her best friend being a small child I think really helped her.
She was my best friend for years.. I miss her so very much!! What makes it ok, is I know she is not suffering and that she will always be with me.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello guys, this is my childhood cat Jeany, she sadly already passed at 19 years old in 2021 one but I'm still curious about her fur pattern. I have never seen a cat looking like that. She was just extraordinary beautiful ♥
Her fur was also extremely soft! Her brother Jerry had simple black fur. I'm sorry that the picture quality isn't the best but I lost a lot of pictures due to a dying phone :(View attachment 456068View attachment 456069
Jeany was a tortie, but also shaded I think - or smoke.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This pic of a Norwegian forest cat I found online has the closest kind of fur pattern to her that I could find just that hers is a bit darker!View attachment 456071
This isn't a NFC, it's a Maine Coon and one that clearly has some photographic tricks involved. No MC is that large, big as they are. I think it's color might be some variety of silver/smoke. Unfortunately when you search for breed photos on line it's hit or miss what you get.

As for your girl, she appears to be a Dilute Smoke Tortie. Or possibly Black Smoke - the photos aren't good enough to really be able to tell.

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
The worst part is my mom was working night shift. I went in the basement early in the morning to take my laundry down and as soon as I got down there I saw this dog looking at me I froze started crying and yelled for my mom who was still sleeping it was early.. she came running down and this dog is just staring at me still... that is how we first saw each other which was terrifying lol but when my mom came down she explained that she was dog that was hurt by people and we had to help her. I instantly warmed up to her. She pretty immediately decided that I was her best friend being a small child I think really helped her.
She was my best friend for years.. I miss her so very much!! What makes it ok, is I know she is not suffering and that she will always be with me.
It is very clear how much pure love you guys had for each other, I'm sure she's definitely watching over you and proud of you ❤🤗

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
This isn't a NFC, it's a Maine Coon and one that clearly has some photographic tricks involved. No MC is that large, big as they are. I think it's color might be some variety of silver/smoke. Unfortunately when you search for breed photos on line it's hit or miss what you get.

As for your girl, she appears to be a Dilute Smoke Tortie. Or possibly Black Smoke - the photos aren't good enough to really be able to tell.

Sorry for your loss :hugs:
Oh my apologies, I'm not very knowledgeable on cat breeds, it was labeled as Norwegian forest cat, so sorry for the mistake! Yeah the photographic tricks were weird too to me lol

I will try to look for better photos, the two I showed were taken on an old Nokia phone so sorry for the bad quality, I wish I had bad better picture of my sweet girl ❤🤗