Unfriendly Scottish Fold

Mosshu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hello dar cat owners,
This is my Scottish Fold, named Sia. Sia is 3 months old. She is my kitten for about one month and he is loved "too the moon and back" , we are respecting her own space and time and not stressing her with too much love. I am posting here because I'm very desperate, on almost every site about Scottish they are described as one of the most playful and friendly cats, but ours it s very distant and "cold". She only purrs and comes at us at night when we are going to sleep, she is very playful, but it's more wildish than other cats ( we have another 2). Please give me an advice.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M Mosshu - It sounds like you're doing all the right things - especially in giving her some space, and some time to accustom herself to her new Family. Some cats just take longer to adjust, and require a little more patience. If she's not hiding all the time, and is coming to you at night, it suggests that she's going to be just fine.

She's absolutely gorgeous by the way; I'd call her a Show Quality kitten without hesitation. Give her time, and she'll come around - just don't be too stressed about her.

Moodyshine

Moodyshine
Kitten
Purraise
I had a Scottish Fold cat for 15 years. He was trained to be a service animal. When we first got him he was a little mean. What we did is gave him cat food like it was a treat and my mom always had a calm voice too. Cat can pickup on your energy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mosshu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you kind for this advice. Someone told me that she might have some healthy issues because her nose is dry although other two cats have their noses wet and that could affect her behaviour.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat likes to play most at night and in the morning, that is when cats are most active. As was said, it can take awhile to get fully comfortable in a new place.