Unexplained But Mild Diarrhea

Pixxelated

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

Not the nicest of topics to talk about, I'm sorry beforehand... but this morning when our 16-week old kitten used the litter box, it was slightly diarrhea-like. Still mostly normal, with about 1/6th of it quite runny. The cat herself, however, is her usual hyperactive terror. No fever or lethargy, interested in play etc....

She seems to be eating ok - but drinking a lot. I just attributed the drinking to the fact she's currently on a dry kibble, as she doesn't seem that fussed about wet foods, but still - there have been no significant changes in her diet. Which is why I'm a bit worried.

The only thing I can really think of is that we've just opened a new pack of the brand/flavour/make kibble. Can feeds differ THAT much between packs? Could it be stress related? Yesterday was the first day she's been on her own for a full working day.

Just looking for a bit of advice here, sorry for the long post. If it gets worse or if it doesn't clear up - I will march her furry bum to the vets. Thanks :)

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It can be the new pack of food, it could also be stress from being alone - definitely. A bit TMI but when I am especially anxious/stressed about something I do have similar problems with bowel movements.

Either way - this is probably very uncalled for but as someone who adopted a single kitten; get two while you can!! Makes life so much easier for both you and the kitty, stress-wise. Haha, sorry I just had to drop that in there. I recommend it to everyone with a single kitten now, especially if you work fulltime.

Also, congrats on your new family member. mmay you enjoy eachother for many years to come!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pixxelated

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks! :) That makes me feel a lot better, she's been fine mostly today... Had a bit of a play and a fuss and now it's apparently nap time. We're actually getting a second kitten in a few days, we just have to wait for the RSPCA to do their home visit and get everything sorted this week. So hopefully he will be with us by the end of this week! Though, usually the cat isn't alone all day - my partner and I work opposite shifts, so there's always someone there. Just that yesterday was a bit of an odd day, I guess it might've upset her routine a little bit.

Thanks again! :D