Undiagnosed Issue-has Anyone Ever Seen This Before?

fnbcats3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I am at a lost now and just wondering if anyone has seen this before in a feline.
-little background story, adopted a 10 year old cat from the shelter(Brie) First day she came home with us, she was urinating blood, took her to our vet determined she had bladder stones(struvite) stones were to large to pass and would need surgery. Day of surgery came xrayed her and discovered she passed them(somehow) So she came home no surgery. About a few weeks go by she starts showing signs of being in heat, contacted shelter and said she was spayed. Vet recommended to make sure spay was done correctly. It was, at this point she had a much needed dental and her bladder flushed as a preventative for future stones. Fast forward about 3 months she displays heat again and is passing what looks like blood clots. She has no bladder infection, Vet gave her antibiotic shot /she is now put on anxiety medicine, now about every 4 weeks on the dot she gets these spells where she is passing tissue clots, and acts like a uti(frantic for litter box, frequent urination, urination outside of pan) we have tried different combinations of medicines.. I finally took her off pain pills and the excessive medicines because she was not eating enough and had no energy. We decided to get her on cbd oil and still her anxiety pill to withhold the heat spells(she can go now about every 4-6 weeks until the next passing of clots. But my vet is at a loss, I'm at a loss. I'm just wondering if anyone had seen this before in a feline. I feel so bad for her and the pain she goes through. Other than this she leads a very healthy spoiled life.

Attachments

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So frustrating. I do hope you find something that will help her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fnbcats3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was put under to be spayed. When vet saw she already was. Vet did check around for any uterus/ovarian tissue that could be causing the false heat.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow. Did the vet perform a test called HST?

Hormone Stimulation Test –This test is widely regarded as the most accurate test for diagnosing ovarian remnant syndrome. A synthetic hormone (hCG or GnRH) is administered while your pet is showing signs of heat. A blood sample is then drawn five to seven days later. If the blood test shows an increase in progesterone, this indicates the presence of functioning ovarian tissue.

Also, this:
"After cats get spayed, can they still have heat symptoms?”Yes, in rare cases that can sometimes happen. Usually what we have is that there is some ovarian tissue outside the ovary itself, somewhere in the abdomen, that’s not easily seen, that is still functioning ovarian tissue making the hormones and so the cat can come into heat, even after she’s had her spay surgery.

If the HST test wasn't done, it might be the answer to either confirm - or completely rule out - tissue having been left behind somewhere.

Hope this helps some.