Unbelievable, Another Cat Disappeared. But Back and Fine

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some of you may remember my distress about inside only cat Lexie disappearing in the house and showing up behind the piano a few days later. This was worse because Chinny Chin Chin is an outside only cat. She's been in but is terrified in the house. Chinny was here Oct. 30, cuddled up on the catzebo with Joe, our inside/outside cat. I put food in the heated garage for Chin Chin at about 5:00 pm when Joe comes in. When Joe goes out the next morning at 8 am I remove Chinny's food because Joe needs special food and can't eat anything Chinny leaves. Well, for five days Chinny's food was completely untouched AND I didn't see her. I called, I looked, I notified the neighbours - No Chinny. Chinny is extremely shy and most of the neighbours haven't ever seen her but they all said they'd keep a look out. Of course I was thinking the worst but tonight I put food out and there she was, talking a mile a minute telling me she was hungry. She looks fine, not beat up. She moves fine, not hurt. I have no idea what happened.

Chinny showed up here in 2012 as an adult cat so she is at least 11 years old. Maybe more. She might be spayed, there have never been kittens. Chinny is trap wise and has never gone in when we have put it out for several others that we did TNR on, kept, or found homes for. If it's Chinny's time for the Rainbow Bridge I want to know, I want to be with her. She does like me, I can pet her, she will even jump up on my lap for pets. But I have to let her make the first move. Even after all these years I cannot approach her, I must let her come to me.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
tonight I put food out and there she was, talking a mile a minute telling me she was hungry. She looks fine, not beat up. She moves fine, not hurt.
My thinking, based on your description of her nonstop talking to you :), is that she sees you as a home port. You might not be her only one, but hopefully if she is in distress she will come to you :vibes::heartshape:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe a hawk or a fox or something is hanging around so she is keeping a low profile. Maybe she got stuck up a tree or in a shed. It could litteraly be anything but if she is unharmed I would not be worried. Genneraly ferals will go off to die in seclusion and could become destressed if you seek them out. Don't take it personaly but it is just primal instinct for them so they don't get eatten alive or something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's what I fear. A friend fed and housed an outside feral for four years and then just never saw him again. Broke her heart to not know what happened to him.
But Chinny will come to me, albeit on her terms. And she does have a cat friend here that she cuddles and sleeps with. It's a mystery

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
But Chinny will come to me, albeit on her terms. And she does have a cat friend here that she cuddles and sleeps with. It's
To try and take a more positive perspective about it, I think that hopefully she'll come to you when she is in need, whatever that need might be💖