Unable to lay down

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat seems unable to lay down, she usually curls up in a little ball on my lap to sleep. However last night and this morning she seems unable to do this. She will sit on my lap but won't lay down.

Could this be a sign of a do pain?

She is newly diagnosed hyperthyroid and started on medication- just over two weeks ago

She is eating a less than usual but she is eating about half of what she usually does and she is using the toilet. She vomited once about 3 days ago.

I obviously will go to the vet today, but just wondered if any one else has experienced this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could this be a sign of abdo pian is what I meant to ask

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would l guess it's a sign that something is making her uncomfortable when she lies down.  Exactly what...not sure, but definitely something.  Sorry I can't be any more specific than that.

Have you been to the Vet yet?  Just curious as to whether or not they were able to narrow it down?

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for replying

The vet is booked for weekend (for planned thyroid function test). She seems much better now, I think it was tummy pain as she did not eat much yesterday and had a loose stool this afternoon. She is laying down normally now thank goodness! I wonder whether her thyroid medications are upsetting her stomach - I will discuss different medication/routes when we go back to the vet.

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So we went back to the vet today, the vet thought the stomach ache and loose stool may have been caused by the liver paste I'd been hiding the tablet in - as the probs started week 3 of the tablets (same time as starting using the liver paste).

Anyway she now has ear cream instead of tablets, so hopefully she will be better with this.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully that was the issue, AND the transdermal meds will work as well as the pill