Unable To Bookmark Individual Posts To Save In Browser

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just discovered that there is no anchoring tag to link individual posts as a bookmark in my browser.

On the old platform, we could click the number of the post/ message, and its individual url would show up in the address bar, and we could then bookmark that particular post's url in our browsers.

Right now, with the new platform, what happens is that a pop-up box is shown which gives permalink coding (for us to cut and paste into a forum message elsewhere).

I really liked being able to bookmark a link to a set message/ post, so that I could revisit it in my browser at a later time.

Could anchor/ name tags be set up for each message, so that we can both (1) get the link shown in the address bar so as to bookmark it, and (2) still get the current pop-up for code pasting in a forum and such?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed it worked for a bit in the game threads I am playing in (gave me an individual link / post number to bookmark), but, for example, not in this thread and many others. Is it hit or miss?

Maybe it will gradually become site-wide? :headscratch:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 115554

What about right clicking on the post number on top right and select "Bookmark" ?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I get clicking on that number is the pop-up permalink box.

(I use a mac)

D

Deleted member 115554

If you are on desktop/laptop, right click.

If you are on tablets, maybe press and hold a bit...

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use my mac mouse to right click.

But I can hit my Control button on keyboard and click my mouse. For me, the option I can use is Add Link to Bookmarks. That will give me the post/ message bookmark.

However, the title of the Bookmark (using your comment number) is simply, "#6". Not very informative for the memory banks of my browser.

Question: how come I had some posts perform their anchored link action, giving me the full url address for the post in my address bar -- but for most of the threads, I have to perform this convoluted action (to get a bookmark titled, "#6"?)

:headshake:

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On my iPad if I press and hold I can add it to my reading list.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if I follow what CvP suggests, then I have to do the iMac jerry-rigging of a right click, to get a bookmark that is simply titled (if I save your post above ^ as an example), "#8".

That's all it says in my bookmarks: "#8".

So, then if I want to know what "#8" was (if I want to search for your comment later for some reason), then I better have remembered to have gone in to edit my Bookmarks and hopefully I typed in text of my own to describe some sort of new title to tell me what "#8" was!

Seems to me, it can be like the old site, that when a person clicks the post number, the post shifts up to the top of the browser and the post's actual distinct url address shows in the browser address bar. You do this with an anchor NAME tag.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(I don't mean to sound upset, I'm not that bad off -- I am just trying to be direct!)

Last edited: