Ugh! Worms :(

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So we adopted willow back on June 1 she came home after a vet check and was said to be healthy she had a Deworming de fleaing and a booster shot .
we kept her isolated in her own room for a good two weeks she had all everything that she needed including her own litter box but no one else used but her . I'm a bit paranoid and bringing her into the house I would check her poop every day just to make sure there was nothing in there I think that's pretty common sense in bringing animals home right ? My husband doesn't seem to think so but I do ! So anyhow I would check every day and I saw nothing no signs of anything and I thought everything was good so her isolation. Was over after the two weeks and we started more introducing them. They started to get a lot more comfortable with each other and they started to use each other's litter boxes more so my boys would use her box . So fast forward now to today June 22 after 22 days of poop that has been totally fine she poops tonight and there's worms all in it ! To say I am freaked out is an understatement we have four cats here two of which have used her litter box . I have never had a cat with worms . I will be taking her to the vet first thing in the morning when I can make the appointment and started do you warming on her I'm just wondering I'm assuming out she needs to be back in an isolation. And am I am zooming right but because my boys used her litter box but they need to be medicated as well ? And what about the kitten that has had to the woman's since she was found in the barn one on the 12th of this month and one on the 16th I think . Will she need to be treated as well already ? It's just so frustrating I don't understand anything about worms but I didn't see anything in any of her poop for 22 days until today i'm also worry about the kids I have three boys that are eight years old five years old and three years old to hang out with Willow all the time she's such a good cat and she's so gentle with them and I worried about them I'm worried about where she lays in the house like on the couch and all of the stuff is this something that I should be worried about ? Thank you

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vet only give her one dose of the de-wormer? De-wormer has to be repeated in two or three weeks to get the eggs that hatch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candicew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, yes I guess so. After we had adopted her and ask if you wanted me to do a follow up they said it should be fine because she was checked out everything was already done I only neefed to come in if there an issue/problem. they never told me to come in for repeat :( but I have my vet see her today and I got her a new round of dewormer and I also got a repeat pill for 10 days from now. The vet als gave me pills for my boys