Ugh prolly TMI.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started having kids late in life. I'm 46 with a 4 and 6 year old and I'm going through menopause. God give me cold air and patience.
And coffee and chocolate and wine lol.
Best of all a remote that works on kids and husbands [emoji]128541[/emoji]

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get all of this except the cold air part. Kids are stressful. I'm 30 with a 4 year old and 2 year old. I enjoy a glass of wine after they've gone to bed some nights. :lol: and chocolate

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sign me up for one of those remote things too will ya?  My kids had their older cousins company almost every day last week. Now they are stuck with each other again.  Which means every day this week I've sent them to their rooms to get away from each other.  

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was at the height of going through menopause, the one symptom which was a huge problem was I lost all sense of what the word patience meant. For anyone.  Looking back there was a couple of years where I was pretty annoyed, all the time which wasn't typical of me.  I kept having to remind my partner what I was going through but meh, men really don't get it. So many unnecessary arguments!

Now, I'm finally over the hill with it and back to my normal patient self - most of the time 
  It does get better, I promise!  

(plus, my migraines pretty much are a thing of the past so that made a big impact on mood too!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was at the height of going through menopause, the one symptom which was a huge problem was I lost all sense of what the word patience meant. For anyone.  Looking back there was a couple of years where I was pretty annoyed, all the time which wasn't typical of me.  I kept having to remind my partner what I was going through but meh, men really don't get it. So many unnecessary arguments!

Now, I'm finally over the hill with it and back to my normal patient self - most of the time :lol3:   It does get better, I promise!  
(plus, my migraines pretty much are a thing of the past so that made a big impact on mood too!)
I have noticed my self having less patience and being more irritable. And the hot flashes, burning up from the inside ugh.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I started having kids late in life. I'm 46 with a 4 and 6 year old and I'm going through menopause. God give me cold air and patience.
And coffee and chocolate and wine lol.
Best of all a remote that works on kids and husbands [emoji]128541[/emoji]
Wow. It hit you early. Did the doctor say that it was due to having your kids later? 

I can' t wait for it. I'm 46 too and it doesn't seem to be on the horizon for me. You'll know it happens if you hear something about on the news about a crazy  woman dancing around a bonfire made entirely of feminine sanitary products. It will be me. 

MENstruation, MENopause....  It's no coincidence that two of women's biggest gripes in life being with MEN. 

Guys, if any of you are reading this, I'm just playing and I love you all- maybe not ALL of you, but most of you are pretty great.- especially if you are a man who loves cats.  

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ended late. I'm 57 and finally just this year had the 1 year "without" mark hit. I was never so grateful for anything in my life.

Just the other day I noticed I was carrying around a bunch of tampons in my bag. I probably have boxes in my bathroom closet. I should donate them somewhere.

Aside from the constant annoyance, I had hot flashes and itchiness at night,  but never during the daytime. I came through it much easier than anticipated.

It's good to talk about. I was lucky that most of my friends had already passed through before me so they were able to keep me somewhat saner than I might have been LOL

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother was 58 when she had her last period :eek:. I have no hope for an early menopause, alas. Unless I end up with a health problem that requires an ovariohysterectomy, but nobody wants a health problem. Although my aunt had a full hysterectomy at age 36 because of endometriosis and she says it was the best thing ever (the hysterectomy, not the endometriosis ;)). But she had really bad cycle-related migraines. At least I don't have that. But ugh, 21 more years of all that nonsense. . .blah.

But menopause went really easy for my mom. She didn't even get hot flashes. I wonder if there's a correlation between age and severity of symptoms (the older the better).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had abscessed ovarian cysts that required surgery. I am currently being monitored for a complex cyst. When I was younger I miscarried a few times and was told I'll never have kids. Thankfully I have my 2 boys. Both were hard pregnancies.
I still get my period but it goes from every 2 weeks then to months and months.
The doctor said I'm premenopausal due to hot length and hot flashes. And if my complex cyst doesn't resolve in the next moth it's either hormones or removing my ovaries.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I had a total hysterectomy at 24. Spent several years taking Premarin, but breast cancer runs rampant in both sides of my family, so I quit taking that and started taking a compound drug of estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone. Took that for about ten years or so, until a mammogram found something in one of my breasts. It wasn't anything, but it scared me enough that I decided to quit taking the compound, too, and go through menopause.

I never had much in the way of hot flashes; I guess I was lucky there. I have noticed, though, that I seem to have more wrinkles than I did when I was on the drug. My GYN says that's pretty normal as I am aging. My metabolism has slowed to a crawl, so I can gain weight easily, but lose it slowly. I hate getting old.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

I ended late. I'm 57 and finally just this year had the 1 year "without" mark hit. I was never so grateful for anything in my life.

Just the other day I noticed I was carrying around a bunch of tampons in my bag. I probably have boxes in my bathroom closet. I should donate them somewhere.

Aside from the constant annoyance, I had hot flashes and itchiness at night,  but never during the daytime. I came through it much easier than anticipated.

It's good to talk about. I was lucky that most of my friends had already passed through before me so they were able to keep me somewhat saner than I might have been LOL
A local food bank would love them. Hubby is a truck driver. At his old job, he could take (he'd always ask the customer first, though) damaged freight, as they would throw it out. Usually, it was only the outer box that was damaged. He uses to deliver to a hospital supply place, and they had pads--by the crate.  I used to take them to my food bank, and the manager was very grateful. She said they almost no one thinks to donate feminine products, but they have a huge need for them (and diapers for babies).