Ugh Cat Hair!!!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel you. Even when I clean my contact lenses, cat fur is in there! When I put lipstick on, cat hair is on my mouth. I cannot wear dark clothes anymore, as cat fur is all over. I know that if the lint can speak it would also complain. LOL.

I vacuum everyday, including on the bed and pillows. It helps a lot. For the fabric sofa I use damp and clean towel to remove the hair off of them. There is also a hair remover thing you put with your clothes in the washing machine and it says it catches all of the pet's hair (Have not tried it yet, but I will).

As what was mentioned above, this is the price we have to pay for loving cats. :)

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can be lazy. I have six cats only two are true short-haired but all of them shed and this time of year it starts in full-swing.

I get it. I get hair on my drinking glasses, in my dinner, the hair gets in my cabinets etc. I'm a bit used to it but I don't love this part of cat ownership.

Since you eat in bed I'd recommend throwing a sheet over the bed and when you sit to eat fold half the sheet down. I'd also brush them every other day. It will help to some extent and reduce hairballs. Eating at a harder surface where the cats don't go would help too so kitchen counters or a small table or even one of those folding dinner tables would possibly cut down on the hair in your food.

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cat hair is a condiment as the fridge magnet says.

It seems like white hair is super, super fine--it floats through the air and sticks to everything! Plus it shows up more than other colors, so.....

I brush my cat nearly every day in the bathtub! When I get up in the morning and head for the shower, she jumps in the tub because she knows she'll get a brush with the Zoom Groom. Doing the brushing in the tub (its dry, before I turn on the shower), keeps most of the floating hair contained in that area. I use a hair trap from the dollar store in the drain to catch any hairs that stick to the tub. I also have a roomba that I use several times a week.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I literally don’t care about cat fur or dog fur anymore. I know I’ve consumed just as much as my cat probably has at this point. I think at the end of the day it’s just part of the game. You gotta be ok with it cus no matter how much u clean and sanitize and yell at them to get off the counters they’re just do what they want anyway and you’re gonna have fur everywhere lol

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but get a hair trap for your tub and possibly for your kitchen sinks. It helps keep other things out of the kitchen sink drain, which is good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i think im gonna shave my white haired boy terry lol since hes inside only it should be ok

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I literally don’t care about cat fur or dog fur anymore. I know I’ve consumed just as much as my cat probably has at this point. I think at the end of the day it’s just part of the game. You gotta be ok with it cus no matter how much u clean and sanitize and yell at them to get off the counters they’re just do what they want anyway and you’re gonna have fur everywhere lol
i just puked lol im disgusted by hair in my mouth holy hell the though of swallowing hair makes me cringe!!! i get now why some people like those ugly bald cats from austin powers lol

kristenann

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i just puked lol im disgusted by hair in my mouth holy hell the though of swallowing hair makes me cringe!!! i get now why some people like those ugly bald cats from austin powers lol
Bald kitties are beautiful!
20190403_155530.jpg
20190403_155849.jpg