Types Of Friskies

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know which non-pate Friskies has the most meat and least gravy? Meaty bits, flaked, shreds, filets, etc

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't know for sure, but i think the shreds, i have always had the best luck luck feeding the Shreds. They seem to like those better for some unknown reason... cats
one place you can look at foods and compare, protein, fat and carbs, that i use a lot is the cat food database.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't know if the Chewy pictures were altered to make them look better.. like burgers on tv lol

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know if the Chewy pictures were altered to make them look better.. like burgers on tv lol
:) i think all brands pretty them up just a bit. those look close, but maybe they had a bit of a touch up... imo... lol

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, that's what they look like. I've used them all on my cats. I think they like the Shreds best.

EmmiTemmi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the shreds, but I CAN tell you my cats both hated the Meaty Bits varieties even though they like the pate ones.

Your cats don't like pate?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Friskies pate is a little lower in carbs than the others. However the pate does contain carrageenan, i will not buy a food with this ingredient.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I don't like about the Poultry Platter pate is that Fish is the 6th ingredient, like most of their pates. Is that okay? How much fish do you think is in there? Is it just a little bit of fish for Omega 3's? A lot of Friskies non-fish flavors have fish in them.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I don't like about the Poultry Platter pate is that Fish is the 6th ingredient, like most of their pates. Is that okay? How much fish do you think is in there? Is it just a little bit of fish for Omega 3's? A lot of Friskies non-fish flavors have fish in them.
As far down the list as it is i dont think it would be a problem for most cats. I would imagine it will add some omega 3's and maybe a bit of fish flavor to entice cats to eat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats do like pate, they can only eat the Country Style Dinner and Mixed Grill, because one of my cats vomits/get itchy ears when he eats fish. I was just wondering about the gravy types for an occasional treat