Two Red Spots Next To My Cat's Ear

karin123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! Today I saw two small red spots that appeared on the outside of my cat's ear. He doesn't have any other spots anywhere else on his body. I'm a little concerned with what those might be. It doesn't look like a ringworm to me. Do you think I should take him to the vet immediately or can I wait for a couple of days/a week to see if it spreads or if the wound will heal by itself? I don't want to panic and take him to the vet, cause it's very stressful for him and I don't want to take him through that if not absolutely necessary. Any ideas what that might be? Is it possible that he just somehow scratched himself when cleaning? Or is is some sort of an allegy? The spots don't seem to bother him at all. He is an indoor cat, so it couldn't have been anything from the outside. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for help!!
red spots.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I don't think it appears to be ringworm either but perhaps you could call your vet and send the pic you posted. That way you wouldn't have to bring him into your vet since you mentioned it stresses him out. It is entirely possible that he scratched himself but once again, when in doubt check it out! Keep a close eye on the area to see if it spreads or there are any changes. Did you apply anything to the area where he scratched himself? You may want to ask your vet if they feel you should put something on the red spots. Best of luck, please keep us posted. :alright:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Good idea, seeing if your vet would look at a photograph. It looks more like a scratch / bite wound to me but it could be some kind of alergy or fungal infection. It doesn't look like ringworm from the photo.