Two Queens Co-parenting Question.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gtmoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I read up on some dosing tips, hopefully tomorrow goes smoother. Eliza and her 7 decided to have diarrhea now too. After they've been separated.
It's so strange since they've been tested for most things already. Two of them have mild colds (no nasal or eye discharge) the vet didn't think needed treatment. Hopefully it is bacterial in nature and the albon works. I guess if Stella is doing better in a few days I'll order more for Eliza and co.

Thanks

gtmoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, today went much smoother. I used 4 1cc syringes instead of a 3 and 6 cc syringe, so I wouldn't have to worry about the amount given. They also are easier to fit down their mouths. I also had a syringe with a water chaser.

Each kitten and Stella were purrito'd which helped a lot too.

Thanks

Attachments

gtmoy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far so good. 3 out of 4 have firm poops as does Stella. I haven’t been able to catch the diarrhea one, but it clumps in one piece, so it’s firmer than in the past.

I’m going to call the vet today and get Albon for Eliza and her 7 kittens.

I also switched them to raw food. During my time fostering this set of cats, my cat was diagnosed with IBD. I started to raw feed him and one of the benefits is reduced stools, so I figured why not for the kittens. At the very least there would be less diarrhea to clean up!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just make sure the kittens get enough food, as well as all the vitamins and minerals they need.